Suggestion For This Board (1 Viewer)

GuerillaBlack...

We appreciate suggestions and feedback from the sr.com members. However, in this case (especially with a freshly redesigned site), the setup we have now is from many, many years of trial and error as to how best segregate the forums and isn't likely to change (at least dramatically) anytime soon.

Many of the 'oldtimers' around here will remember when there was bascially the Super Forum and Snote. Over time the college board, EE, tech, music, gameday boards etc., have been deemed necessary with the increase in membership and resulting deluge of conversation threads. At the same time, some forums have gone by the wayside.

SR.com is essentially a 'living document' that will change to meet the needs of our membership. :)

Prior to the internets as we know it, you could dial into BBS's. I was dialing into those back in the early 90's. Way back then, there was no advertising on the internets either. It was sweet.

I was logging into Pentagon mainframes on 28.8 baud modems, crosscountry, in the 1980s.

GuerillaBlack -

Like BullDawg said, Andrus just revamped the site, new server, new software, etc. Many, many hours making the change. Had he wanted to change format or design, that would have been the time to do it. But most of the folks who have been here for awhile kinda like it like it is. A good old comfy shoe, so to speak. While your suggestions are welcomed and appreciated, reality is that this site will not make any major changes any time soon.

Always remember, just because something works for you, doesn't necessarily mean that it is right for another. That is just the way life works. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

You have a nice forum. I just checked it out. Good solid start, nice membership, good topic. You have something to be proud of. Keep up the good work and watch it grow. Congrats on a job well done, and best of luck to you and your forum. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom