suggestions for a starter projection package for a media room? (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
looking to get speakers, projector, etc for a closed off media room. I just want a quality starter kit type with good sound and picture that I can hook all my other electronics up to also. Right now it's just a empty room with cables hanging from the ceiling from the previous owner. Thanks in advance.

Are trying to do in-wall speakers or regular box speakers. What configuration do you want 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1. Also, the type of configuration will determine what type of receiver you get..

Screen:
What size do you want? they can go from 80" to 300"

Projector:
You need to determine if you want 3D or just sticking with 2D because, 3D can add cost to the projector....

I would recommend you look at AVSforum.com. They have alot of reviews on home theater equipment. Thats where i got most of my information from..

AVSforum is great but man it is HUGE. Hundreds of pages for each thread is too much for me. But, I'll be there when I make the jump as well. Price replacement bulbe for your projector as well. Some can be quite cost prohibitive, but that has improved over the years. People that go with projectors typically don't get a kit. If you find a good one I'm all ears, but some that I have seen were okay at best. They typically go cheap in all areas to avoid the sticker shock. IMO min 1500 Lumens, 10000:1 contrast ratio, and a lot of HDMI ports are the qualities I would look for. ANY ambient light during the day will kill your picture quality. I hope the media room is essentially a black cave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom