Suggestions for DCs to replace Spags? (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
No defensive coordinator deserves a 2nd year on a team after the worst defense statistically of all time. Spags never fit our team and his scheme only works when you have 4 DOMINANT pass rushers and barely even then, many defensive coordinator could have dominated with the 07 Giants D-Line. Spags is probably a great DL coach, ive seen big improvement from Jordan and Gallette but I dont want him as our DC. I suggest we offer either the LB coach of the Steelers or Niners to take over as our DC. Or maybe even the DB coach of the Seahawks. All 3 are beasts and the Steelers LB coach has been offered DC and rejected in hopes of eventually taking over for the Steelers but he could give up the yellow and black for the black and gold and take the challenge of fixing the defense of one of the best offenses of all time and winning himself a few rings and building a reputation.

LOL this way of thinking is laughable!!!!!! :smilielol: see laughable

if we are willing to replace Spags, then we should replace Carmichael, Kromer, and Vitt also. our team, as a team, has been failing. thanks to Drew our Off has shown life at times. i say let Spags get some players he wants in here and see what the Def can do then. WITH SEAN PAYTON AT THE HEAD COACH POSITION.

LOL this way of thinking is laughable!!!!!! :smilielol: see laughable

if we are willing to replace Spags, then we should replace Carmichael, Kromer, and Vitt also. our team, as a team, has been failing. thanks to Drew our Off has shown life at times. i say let Spags get some players he wants in here and see what the Def can do then. WITH SEAN PAYTON AT THE HEAD COACH POSITION.

Our offense will be back and better than ever with Payton. There should be no excuse to feild the worst defense of all time. He has multiple players that have proven to be beast and many 1st round picks. Its laughable that you would risk our season next year just to give Spags another year. Caramichael was good while Payton here and is still decent, the WR have been dropping alot. Vitt isnt really the LB coach, he just helps SP. Kromer is the best Oline coach in the NFL. Spags on the other hand only really has one impressive year, and so far its looking like he will add the worst year of all time for a DC to his "resume".

No defensive coordinator deserves a 2nd year on a team after the worst defense statistically of all time. Spags never fit our team and his scheme only works when you have 4 DOMINANT pass rushers and barely even then, many defensive coordinator could have dominated with the 07 Giants D-Line. Spags is probably a great DL coach, ive seen big improvement from Jordan and Gallette but I dont want him as our DC. I suggest we offer either the LB coach of the Steelers or Niners to take over as our DC. Or maybe even the DB coach of the Seahawks. All 3 are beasts and the Steelers LB coach has been offered DC and rejected in hopes of eventually taking over for the Steelers but he could give up the yellow and black for the black and gold and take the challenge of fixing the defense of one of the best offenses of all time and winning himself a few rings and building a reputation.

I agree to a point... that if this continues throughout the season with out adjustments, which Spags has miserably failed to do up to this point he should be gone. If the D shows marked improvement from here on he deserves a second year. It's been a colossal failure up to this point. He doesn't seem to be able to judge what talent we have and how to make adjustments to get the most from the talent we do have. That's a huge negative for any kind of coaching position. Either that or he's just too stubborn, also a huge negative imo.

As for replacements if it comes to that, anyone who worked under Dick Lebeau and believes in the scheme and method for a defense that he uses, then i'm all for giving him a shot.

doesn't mater what coach you bring in the players still have to know how to tackle better and not get ran all over by a RB.

Nobody will like this but...

Rex Ryan. He'll certainly bring attitude, intensity and a 34 defense to the Saints. His track record as a DC is great even if his record as a HC is questionable. Pretty sure he'll be out of a job at the end of the year.

Rex Ryan. He'll certainly bring attitude, intensity and a 34 defense to the Saints. His track record as a DC is great even if his record as a HC is questionable. Pretty sure he'll be out of a job at the end of the year.
I would like it.

id love it, hes a beast. lol and hed probably "GUARANTEE" a superbowl. This time the promise would hopefully be fulfilled though.

I was thinking of this, too. Spags does not fit for these players.

We need someone new and a new revamp of our whole defense.

If the Jets decide to go without Rex Ryan/Sanchez/ Tebow, we should be all on Rex. He can be the Wade Phillips of our defense.

Not happening. And it shouldn't. Combine a new coordinator with terrible talent and the bounty controversy resulting in suspensions of the head coach and general manager and in an interim interim head coach, and you get what we have gotten. It would be totally unfair to judge Spags, who had to be wondering in April what in the heck he got himself into, based on this one season.

I'm not sure what scheme fits these players. Four years ago, we couldn't wait to get rid of Gibbs. Nine months ago, we were ready to tell Williams goodbye. And now we were ready to let go a defensive coach who has some reputation as a defensive coach and whose hiring was universally celebrated on this board less than a year ago.

Not happening. And it shouldn't. Combine a new coordinator with terrible talent and the bounty controversy resulting in suspensions of the head coach and general manager and in an interim interim head coach, and you get what we have gotten. It would be totally unfair to judge Spags based on this one season.

Can we judge him on his win percentage since leaving the Giants? Cleveland Brown fans would point at it and laugh.

He's not going anywhere...put your torches up...it was going to be a difficult season regardless.

#1 on my list would be Winston Moss, the ILBs coach for the Packers... He's got a real shot at becoming a HC though. Still, he'd be awesome!

#2 would be the Packers OLBs coach, Kevin Greene... Yes, THAT Kevin Greene. Talk about intensity!

#3 would be the LBs coach for the Steelers... Can't think of his name off hand, but he comes from a great defensive coaching tree.

#4 would be Todd Grantham, DC for UGA... Super intense coach that runs an aggressive 3-4 Defense, and has pro experience with the Cowboys... Maybe even has worked with Payton in the past.

#5 would be ANYONE THAT COULD GIVE US A BETTER DEFENSE THAN THE WORST IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom