Suicide bomber kills 25 in Balad (1 Viewer)

Lord Scyther

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A suicide car bomb detonated Sunday evening near a market in Balad, killing at least 25 people and wounding 40 others, an Interior Ministry official said.
<!--startclickprintexclude--><!-- PURGE: /2008/WORLD/meast/02/10/iraq.main/art.gates.iraq.afp.gi.jpg --><!-- KEEP --><!----><!--===========IMAGE============-->
art.gates.iraq.afp.gi.jpg
<!--===========/IMAGE===========-->
<!--===========CAPTION==========-->U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates made an unannounced visit to Iraq on Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/02/10/iraq.main/index.html

Yep. The wounded, mostly civilians, were brought here for emergency medical care. The call went out for blood donors. So many showed up most ended up being turned away.

Whew! Great to hear from ya' after this news, BD :wallA:

Keep your head down BD, good work you and everyone else is doing over there.

Also great news about the blood donor turnouts. A good sign that people care about their countrymen.

Keep your head down BD, good work you and everyone else is doing over there.

Also great news about the blood donor turnouts. A good sign that people care about their countrymen.
We knew it was mostly civlians. It wasn't just our own troops who we were donating blood for. It was for the Iraqis too. I didn't get to donate yesterday, they were already turning donors away before I could get away from work. But when we heard about the car blast we had entire shops heading over to the hospital within minutes.

We knew it was mostly civlians. It wasn't just our own troops who we were donating blood for. It was for the Iraqis too. I didn't get to donate yesterday, they were already turning donors away before I could get away from work. But when we heard about the car blast we had entire shops heading over to the hospital within minutes.

Nice. Stay safe BD. :9:

BD, was this just a call to the soldiers to donate or was it locals donating as well? I couldn't tell from the post.

BD, was this just a call to the soldiers to donate or was it locals donating as well? I couldn't tell from the post.
Only military that I know of. Maybe American contractors as well. No locals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom