Summer Conversation with Charles Davis of FOX (1 Viewer)

Remember the Seahawks in SB48....the refs had no choice but to let us play and show our stuff. They had NO CHOICE. I saw the bias there on the initial few calls and there was stuff going on but that was tossed out the window when we just plain dominated all aspects of the game. I dont know the future, but expect us to meet in a few weeks again....for the NFCCG.

Long as it isn’t San Fran. I’m apathetic about the Hawks. Loathe San Fran and the Rams. Although I’d rather not face any West team in the playoffs. We struggle with West teams usually.

The idea put forth that officials are working together to prevent the Saints from making the post season is, by any objective observation, a conspiracy theory. It doesn’t matter that it came from Davis, there is no supporting evidence beyond what people want to see.

If an email emerges, or recorded call, something, then the needle moves.

All of this ignores that officiating is recurrently bad and has been for as long as I can remember. It just seems to be getting more problematic (increase and changes to rules? Speed of the game? Something else?)

Remember when Rice “scored” while fumbling before the goal line? How long has the league had it out for us? Why? What about every other team ever hurt by a bad call?

I get that officiating sucks isn’t satisfying enough for some people, but that doesn’t change that these claims are unsubstantiated and frankly difficult to explain in motive and implementation while ignoring the scope of the problem around the league and week to week.

Look, I think bias is very likely a part of the problem, I just don’t think any of this indicates some sinister orchestrated plans being carried out.
Dude, I remember that like yesterday! I also remember them kicking a last second field goal that went over the top of the upright and probably would have hit the upright and bounced out. I can’t stand that team. I also remember the dome patrol knocking Steve Young out cold and Bona having to come in and finish the game. At least they knew they were in for a dog fight every time. There fans have no idea what they will be in for tomorrow. Stay on their arse from kickoff till you walk them out of the dome.

LOL, it’s all good. I was confused myself when I opened the thread earlier wondering why I was having deja vu until I realized the original post date. :hihi:

Hindsight is 50/50,... or so I heard from a moron somewhere ?

Davis’ summertime comments about, circumspect, game official attempts at nefarious bias (...gonna get y’all) could not be more clearly illustrated than what happened in Etlanta last Thursday.

Nine sacks on $100M Ryan, three pressure-induced turn overs, and Saints defenders in their back field all night long -AND- not one, single holding penalty against the Failcons O-Line?!?

Statistical unpossible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom