summer job ideas (1 Viewer)

LSUsaintsman03

Veteran
Reaction score
anyone have any good one's? i would prefer to do outside work. last summer i worked for a lawn service. I am about to turn 20 and am a very hard worker, every one of my previous employers can vouche for that. i love sports, fishing, and water skiing.

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lifeguards are always in demand. Call around and see if you can find a training in the next month or two. Good luck!

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Lifeguards are always in demand. Call around and see if you can find a training in the next month or two. Good luck!

Yes. I've got experience in this field. It is a very easy job. Especially if you find a pool that nobody goes to. Plus you get to tell chicks that you save lives.:hihi:

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Get on down to Venice and pick up a deckie job on one of the charter boats. I did it in HS and loved it. I used to make 500-1000 per wk plus tips and that was in the late 80s. You'll work hard, but be rewarded with memories you'll never get over adn TUNA!

OP

LSUsaintsman03

Veteran
Reaction score
i dont think i could ever be a lifeguard because if something happened while i was on the job i would never forgive myself. it was hard enough just being a camp counselor when i was 17!

OP

LSUsaintsman03

Veteran
Reaction score
Get on down to Venice and pick up a deckie job on one of the charter boats. I did it in HS and loved it. I used to make 500-1000 per wk plus tips and that was in the late 80s. You'll work hard, but be rewarded with memories you'll never get over adn TUNA!

I would love doing that but my girlfriend plays volleyball out of state for a college so its not worth giving up my summer with her

Kin Korn Karn

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just get the job that will pay you the most and quit when it's time to go back to school.

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i dont think i could ever be a lifeguard because if something happened while i was on the job i would never forgive myself. it was hard enough just being a camp counselor when i was 17!

Trust me dude, I've lifeguarded for years and I've had to jump in the pool a total of one time. The worst that's happened is a little kid scraped his knee. Rule the pool with an iron fist and you'll be fine. :hihi:

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
When I was in recruiting I loved to hire kids who had worked for College Pro Painters...they are student-run work crews who do exterior house painting. I'm not sure if they are all over (this was in NJ), but something like that is good money for the summer. I remember one summer in college Drew worked with a company installing sprinkler systems...again, hard work but good $$$.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom