summer job ideas (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
anyone have any good one's? i would prefer to do outside work. last summer i worked for a lawn service. I am about to turn 20 and am a very hard worker, every one of my previous employers can vouche for that. i love sports, fishing, and water skiing.

Lifeguards are always in demand. Call around and see if you can find a training in the next month or two. Good luck!

Lifeguards are always in demand. Call around and see if you can find a training in the next month or two. Good luck!

Yes. I've got experience in this field. It is a very easy job. Especially if you find a pool that nobody goes to. Plus you get to tell chicks that you save lives.:hihi:

Get on down to Venice and pick up a deckie job on one of the charter boats. I did it in HS and loved it. I used to make 500-1000 per wk plus tips and that was in the late 80s. You'll work hard, but be rewarded with memories you'll never get over adn TUNA!

i dont think i could ever be a lifeguard because if something happened while i was on the job i would never forgive myself. it was hard enough just being a camp counselor when i was 17!

Get on down to Venice and pick up a deckie job on one of the charter boats. I did it in HS and loved it. I used to make 500-1000 per wk plus tips and that was in the late 80s. You'll work hard, but be rewarded with memories you'll never get over adn TUNA!

I would love doing that but my girlfriend plays volleyball out of state for a college so its not worth giving up my summer with her

i dont think i could ever be a lifeguard because if something happened while i was on the job i would never forgive myself. it was hard enough just being a camp counselor when i was 17!

Trust me dude, I've lifeguarded for years and I've had to jump in the pool a total of one time. The worst that's happened is a little kid scraped his knee. Rule the pool with an iron fist and you'll be fine. :hihi:

When I was in recruiting I loved to hire kids who had worked for College Pro Painters...they are student-run work crews who do exterior house painting. I'm not sure if they are all over (this was in NJ), but something like that is good money for the summer. I remember one summer in college Drew worked with a company installing sprinkler systems...again, hard work but good $$$.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom