Sunday Night Flex Possibilities(MERGEDx2)) (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
from NOLA to Laffy to BR back to NOLA to (now) Pin
The Bucs up 31-15 w/ 10 mins left (not insurmountable like we saw last week... but Whitehurst is no Vick) it seems we won't get the help to get into the playoffs this week.

that said... what are the chances next week's game against TB is flexed to Sun. night? How will the result of tom. night's game impact whether the Bucs/Saints game gets flexed to a night game?

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
i think if we lose to atlanta it could be a very good chance the game is flexed to night because it woud draw the most viewers for a early playoff type game.

USAF HART

Best Falcons Fan On SR
Reaction score
I know it's not something Saints fans want to think about, and I am 99.9% positive that this wouldn't happen, BUT....If the Saints lose on Monday Night and then lose to Tampa, you guys could STILL get in the playoffs!

if Tampa beats New Orleans, Chicago beats Green Bay and Washington beats the Giants BOTH y'all and Bucs make the playoffs..imagine that..3 NFC South teams in the playoffs..Bucs would get the 5th Seed and Saints would get the 6th seed. Unfortunately, it would put you guys on a road trip to Philly with Tampa getting the winner of the Rams/Seahawks game.

Like I said, HIGHLY unlikely, but there is still hope regardless of what happens. Good luck tomorrow night! Here's to a competitive game with no injuries :9:

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I know it's not something Saints fans want to think about, and I am 99.9% positive that this wouldn't happen, BUT....If the Saints lose on Monday Night and then lose to Tampa, you guys could STILL get in the playoffs!

if Tampa beats New Orleans, Chicago beats Green Bay and Washington beats the Giants BOTH y'all and Bucs make the playoffs..imagine that..3 NFC South teams in the playoffs..Bucs would get the 5th Seed and Saints would get the 6th seed. Unfortunately, it would put you guys on a road trip to Philly with Tampa getting the winner of the Rams/Seahawks game.

Like I said, HIGHLY unlikely, but there is still hope regardless of what happens. Good luck tomorrow night! Here's to a competitive game with no injuries :9:
You're too nice to be a Falcons' fan. :hihi:

j/k

Thanks for the post. :9:

May the best team win Monday night. :beerchug:

:gosaints:

Left_Eye

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Do you guys use your chat program during the game? If so, would it be safe for me to be there? lol...
As long as your not trolling, you should be good. There's about 30-40 saints fans that meet in the chat. Should be some good conversation as always.

Orlando

Veteran
Reaction score
Flex game?

Looking at next week's schedule the only 2 games I see as possibilities are saints/bucs or packers/bears. Chicago could have 2nd seed sown up by then and may rest starters. If I was NBC the saints/bucs would be my pick for game of the week. Any word on when announcement will be made by NBC/NFL?

USAF HART

Best Falcons Fan On SR
Reaction score
I watch the game and occassionally comment on it..if it's a good play, I say good play (no matter what team made it)...If there was a missed call and I didn't see it, I will ask about it. But i'm not gonna sit in there and go "HAHAHAHAHA FALCONS WIN!!! WHAT NOW!!!" or even to a smaller extent, I won't sit in there and go "TOUCHDOWN FALCONS!! WOOHOO!!" I will save that for the Falcons chat..

fuego15

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
There is NO way NBC will not show Packers/Bears if they can flex it. NFC south division rivals gets no respect compared to NFC north. If they don't flex it, it will be because FOX had the ability to block it.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
another thread already up on this topic... and not for week 17... to ensure the best game for the final week is in primetime NBC can pick as late as either tonight or tom. night
They may want to be picking on Tues. night. Eagles result may have Chicago with 2 seed sown up.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Eagles would have to lose to Cowboys for Chicago not to have a vested interest in the game.

So I think NBC will take a chance and pick this game.

Eagles will not lose to Minnesota.

Using that same logic, NBC will not take a chance that Atlanta would have to lose to Carolina in order for the game to be meaningful to the Saints.

So you're an NBC exec in charge of making the decision, it's pretty easy isn't it?

Bears/Packers it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom