Super Bowl commercials 2013 (1 Viewer)

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I did not see too many good ones but I was doing other things as well. What were your favorites. I guess this is the best I saw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KvxZcULxfKw?list=PL24C5438FE959B418" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I found most of the commercials to be extremely "meh" this year. Dont know if there was a general lack of imagination by ad execs, or the fact that the pricing has just become so much that you a fearful of a flop, but several commercials I watched were no more than you basic :30 or :45 slot during weekly primetime.

I did enjoy VW "Irie". ..."Aye, da land of Ten Tousan lakes".

OP
Zack Lee

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
wow, can't believe that commercial has raised controversy. I am all for pulling insulting material but man political correct has to have bounds. I agree with DH, all it did was make me want to break out some Marley to cheer me up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pZ1Rz44B4wY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
OP
Zack Lee

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I like this Mercedes one. Just the fact that it set in NOLA and had the natalgia of Dafoe and the Stones. Not too bad.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oPNr0_6MnDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

workhorse

No White Flags!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I did.

And had ZERO idea it was for a truck. I thought some national alliance bought a spot for advocating "farmers" in general.
Disagree. It was great. Stopped me in my tracks. I was mezmorized by it and after about 20 seconds, I figured it was either Dodge or Ford add.

And yes, that was Paul Harvey.

I also LOVED the Tracy Morgan add.

nawlinslady1970

Ticked off Who Dat!!
Reaction score
The M&M add "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.... Or that...or that" was my favorite. Very funny.

~* Sent by an Angel *~

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I did.

And had ZERO idea it was for a truck. I thought some national alliance bought a spot for advocating "farmers" in general.
Me too - and then, when I saw that it was for a truck, I thought it pretty blatant pandering.

Though, the speech and the imagery were very cool.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The M&M add "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that.... Or that...or that" was my favorite. Very funny.

~* Sent by an Angel *~
Yeah, I liked that one. I also thought this one was pretty good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pbUQjUpHHuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Disagree. It was great. Stopped me in my tracks. I was mezmorized by it and after about 20 seconds, I figured it was either Dodge or Ford add.

And yes, that was Paul Harvey.

I also LOVED the Tracy Morgan add.

I wasn't a big fan of the Dodge commercial. The main reason is cause I feel like they tried to copy the great "Detroit" commercial from a few years ago.

ErikH

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I really liked the other locally-shot ones; the two Bud Light ads. the guys loading the chair onto the streetcar was funny.
I also liked the Hyundai "Team" ad where the kid goes out and collects a team of tough kids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)