Super Bowl contender desperately seeking starting NFL Cornerback (1 Viewer)

REBELMAX

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It’s clear and obvious that the answer isn’t on the roster. Neither PJW or KC can hold up I’m big spots and our pass rush isn’t quite there yet to really help them.

I took a quick look at the rosters of the bottom 25% of the NFL and it looks like the most likely places to find a CB is in Arizona or Oakland.

Problem is that Oakland is going to want picks and we don’t have any. I’d look for a player to be traded for a pick to be swapped to Oakland for a CB.

I’m thinking Bridgewater gets traded out. He might be our strongest tradeable commodity.

I don't think your getting a top corner without giving away picks. I can't see us trading away Ingram as he is a key component of this offense. You don't weaken the O to strengthen the D. I find it hard to believe that we would trade away our last valuable pick we have in next years draft? Maybe a they would part with a 2020 pick?

Better not trade Ingram. But who knows, Taysom now truly does seem to do it all lol.
And I agree, we need another corner.

I can’t see us trading Ingram either.

We need a NFL ready corner this year so how do we get one without draft picks ?

Next year’s #1 would be nice to have about now.
It also feels like we have drafted a ton of corners over the last 7 or 8 years and only Lattimore hit.

Your not getting anyone you want without giving up draft picks. If you want Peterson then it is going to hurt the future. We've already traded next years 1st and 3rd. There are a lot of ways to think about it. On one hand if the team believes we are truly one shut down corner away from the SB then maybe. However, if you trade way next years 2nd plus other picks (one 2nd aint getting Peterson out of AZ) and we don't make it to the SB you go into next season with a bunch of late round picks which likely won't contribute. Meanwhile you have serious contracts that need to be handled. Ingram being one, Bridgewater, etc.
I just don't know. But if you thought Payton wasn't going all in on winning this year then you didn't watch the first series of the game today...

I’m worried we’ll trade MI. I don’t want us to but there are a few RB needy teams in the league.
Yeh I was thinking the same thing today watching Crawley and PJ. They're not terrible but they are exposed without a consistent pass rush. The only player worth a straight up trade that we could barely live without IMO is Ingram. I would hate to see it but I "feel" like a solid corner opposite Lattimore puts a lot of these games away earlier.
Yet as long as they're here I hope they shine. Who dat!

Get torched in the playoffs or go get some help. We are not mortgaging the future. If a deal is to be had for a 2nd rounder...you make it. We are poised to win now.

Can you guys run an ad for the Vikings as well while your at it, or at least forward the resumes you don't want?

We lost our #1 pick last week, (Hughes) and Xavier got hurt this week.

Thanks in advance!

Yeh I was thinking the same thing today watching Crawley and PJ. They're not terrible but they are exposed without a consistent pass rush. The only player worth a straight up trade that we could barely live without IMO is Ingram. I would hate to see it but I "feel" like a solid corner opposite Lattimore puts a lot of these games away earlier.
Yet as long as they're here I hope they shine. Who dat!
But then if Kamara gets hurt we're back to a major problem. Trading Ingram would be so risky.

Will for
Can you guys run an ad for the Vikings as well while your at it, or at least forward the resumes you don't want?

We lost our #1 pick last week, (Hughes) and Xavier got hurt this week.

Thanks in advance!

Will forward resumes ... thx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom