Super Bowl Needs New Orleans (1 Viewer)

tarusman28

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I've been hearing by several local officials that the people of New Orleans should be on our best behavor in welcoming Goodell and the NFL to New Orleans or else we may never get another Super bowl.

However, if you look at the situation objectively the New Orleans doesn't need the Super Bowl. It's actually the other way around. The Super Bowl needs New Orleans.

Oh sure Goodell is awarding super bowls to cities that build brand new staduims for its teams as a return favor. But on the flip side many have complained that at many of these cities the Super Bowl experience have been miserable at best. The Super Bowl at Jacksonville really stands out with its lack of hotel infrastructure to accomadate its vistors and the lack of short proximity the staduim was to the game's other events.

New Orleans is built to accomadate it's visitors with plenty of hotel rooms. The short distance everything is to everything else along with the great food, music, partying and night life... Not to mention the usually great weather and Mardi Gras season and parades as added benefits makes me believe that New Orleans don't need the Super Bowl.

This is city has done well without for over 10 years since the last game that was played here. The same cannot be said about many of the past Super Bowls being played in other cities by many of its visitors.

I've actually heard a few commentators making the argument that it should be in New Orleans every year (especially after recent debacles in Jacksonville and Dallas) because the experience, proximity of events, etc. is so much better than anywhere else. That will never happen, of course, but New Orleans has the best set up for it over any other city by a long shot. The NFL would be utter fools to snub the city for future Super Bowls over any preceived slight at the Omissioner.

Thinking you are exactly right! Why else does the Final Four, BCS National Title Games keep returning? Because of the exact reasons you point out!

I agree with everything the postsers above have noted. But, let's not forget how petty and shallow good ole Rog is.

Look at all the fun things to do near the meadowlands next year in Jersey!

Industrial5-1.jpg

After recent super bowls, the corporate groups and media are going to fall in love with NOLA all over again. I'm hoping the weather is clear like it has been. The best hotels, food, and music all within walking distance to every event related to the game. And done with unique style that cannot be replicated in any of place on the planet? It's going to be epic in its awesomeness.

All good post this is exactly why people here shouldn't be running around talking about revenge and doing stupid stuff. If you want the city to host more big events like the Final Four & maybe even possibly an NBA all star game again. The coach & team is trying to move on from this season and get things rolling for next year the last thing they need is a bunch of question to answer about fans and people who have done something stupid down here for super bowl weekend all because of Bounty gate. Even if the guy did reconsider about giving the 2nd round pick back doing something dumb wouldn't help the cause.

Let it go

Right now, we have an advantage over the other 2 "Super Bowl" cities. Miami is too spread out (which is a negative in other areas, but Miami being Miami, it gets a pass here), and San Diego pretty much is dead franchise/stadium walking.

Everywhere else is either blah or too spread out or both. Atlanta is blah. Houston is blah and spread out. The Metroplex is blah and spread out. Phoenix is blah and the stadium is way out in the boonies. Tampa is kind of blah. (Beach is nice but its a ways away from town). And I don't car ehow much the press gushes about last year..Indy is completely blah and next time when its freezing cold, they will complain.

When LA gets their stadium, they will get into the rotation again. When SF gets their stadium, they will get into the rotation, but with it being in Santa Clara, they will have the boonies issue that Phoenix and Miami have.

Here is what is true. Fpr what the Super Bowl is...New Orleans is the perfect place.

Well, I think that it would be in the NFL best interest to host more Super Bowls here in New Orleans in the immediate future then not to.

There have been talks and indications about the NFL pushing hard to get a team back in that 1# rated TV market in LA. But why don't the NFL have the same effort to push hard to get another Super Bowl again in New Orleans?

...I know maybe the League doesn't see any real value in doing so.

I've been hearing by several local officials that the people of New Orleans should be on our best behavor in welcoming Goodell and the NFL to New Orleans or else we may never get another Super bowl.

However, if you look at the situation objectively the New Orleans doesn't need the Super Bowl. It's actually the other way around. The Super Bowl needs New Orleans.

Oh sure Goodell is awarding super bowls to cities that build brand new staduims for its teams as a return favor. But on the flip side many have complained that at many of these cities the Super Bowl experience have been miserable at best. The Super Bowl at Jacksonville really stands out with its lack of hotel infrastructure to accomadate its vistors and the lack of short proximity the staduim was to the game's other events.

New Orleans is built to accomadate it's visitors with plenty of hotel rooms. The short distance everything is to everything else along with the great food, music, partying and night life... Not to mention the usually great weather and Mardi Gras season and parades as added benefits makes me believe that New Orleans don't need the Super Bowl.

This is city has done well without for over 10 years since the last game that was played here. The same cannot be said about many of the past Super Bowls being played in other cities by many of its visitors.
I have been to Super Bowls in Miami, New Orleans and Dallas.

Miami and New Orleans get it done. There is convenicene and lots of genuinely enjoyable activities and entertainment for visitors, which results in a great vibe.

Dallas was fairly miserable. Weather was unseasonably cold, with snow and ice and no equipment to clear it. Events and activities were fragmented and spread all over the Dallas Metroplex. Stadium was like 40 miles from where we were booked. It was an inconvenient bore....

It's a shame they just can't rotate the Super Bowl between maybe New Orleans, Miami and San Francisco. It's just not nearly as enjoyable anywhere else.

I was thinking the same thing when all the threads about the Saints fans being on their best behavior or else starting appearing. It won't hurt us to be nice to our visitors but if someone gets a few boos or negative reactions to Roger's presence in somewhere, I don't think we will suffer from a loss of future Super Bowls. We have a right to voice our displeasure as long as there is no violence. Who Dat?!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom