• No Way!

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know that the day after the Super Bowl is one of the days with the highest number of excused and unexcused absences from work

I’d imagine that the day after Thanksgiving might be the only day with more

I’ve heard that for years

What I’ve never heard before this year is a call to move the Super Bowl to Saturday

And I’ve heard/read about several times of the last few weeks

Have your get togethers, have your parties, get drunk and take all day Sunday to recover and go to work on Monday

What do you think?

Good idea? Or heresy?

=======================

Last edited:
Yeah, it would rule, but it won't ever happen. Saturday night is a social/weekend night which means less people will be in front of the TV. Sunday night is a captive audience. There's a reason all big-ratings events like the Super Bowl, awards show, and the CFB championship are all on Sunday or Monday nights.

Move the NFL schedule up a couple of weeks so that the Super Bowl is the day before MLK Day...problem solved (no more two weeks between championship Sunday and the big game. Pro Bowl is the day before the Super Bowl and the Awards show that night.)

I know that the day after the Super Bowl is one of the days with the highest number of excused and unexcused absences from work

I’d imagine that the day after Thanksgiving might be the only day with more

I’ve heard that for years

What I’ve never heard before this year is a call to move the Super Bowl to Saturday

And I’ve heard/read about several times of the last few weeks

Have your get togethers, have your parties, get drunk and take all day Sunday to recover and go to work on Monday

What do you think?

Good idea? Or heresy?

=======================

The NFL and host cities will never go for it. This is the reason why. HOTELS! Hotels want a 3 night minimum stay. Plain and simple fact. If it were on a Saturday, you would have the same amount of people arriving on a Friday, but a mass exodus on Sunday. Too much revenue lost to the host city and hotels. I know. I have someone in my family that works in one of the above mentioned areas of work.

Yeah, it would rule, but it won't ever happen. Saturday night is a social/weekend night which means less people will be in front of the TV. Sunday night is a captive audience. There's a reason all big-ratings events like the Super Bowl, awards show, and the CFB championship are all on Sunday or Monday nights.
This is NOT the main reason why. It is partially the reason, but not the prime reason.

Yeah and the saying is the best players play on Sunday. I think a Saturday Superbowl would cheapen the Game. Even in the playoffs most of the crummy games occur on a Saturday.

Plus I still enjoyed the Superbowl had my good share of drink and food and got up just fine at 230 am for work on Monday.

Here's a thought, take that Monday off and then let it rip on Super Bowl Sunday.

Or... retire and everyday is a Saturday.

Plus I still enjoyed the Superbowl had my good share of drink and food and got up just fine at 230 am for work on Monday.
Most of my friends and I have to wake up between 3 and 4 on workdays. We never get together for the superbowl anymore. Its just better to relax at home without anyone over.

My vote is for a saturday superbowl

If the NFL can make more money with the Superbowl on a Saturday, then it will happen. If the NFL can't make more money with it on a Saturday, then my opinion doesn't matter.

I’m too traditional and I like knowing when it is going to be, same as it always was. Plus if you don’t drink, that time slot is no problem at all regardless of what time you get up the next day.

I’m too traditional and I like knowing when it is going to be, same as it always was. Plus if you don’t drink, that time slot is no problem at all regardless of what time you get up the next day.
That and missing work cause of Superbowl is lame

Anybody who wants to move the Super Bowl to Saturday should be burned at the stake in a public square.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom