Super Bowl Sunday (2 Viewers)

Why did 49ers get conservative at the 4 yard line and kick a FG in OT?

It really doesn't make sense to kick a field goal. Go for the win. Forcing Mahomes to play 4 down football is dumb. You literally take pressure off them knowing they got 4 plays to get 10 yards
This is why, if you win the toss, with the new rules, you defer in OT because you KNOW what you need to do. It puts all of the pressure of the decision making on the first team with the ball.

Last edited:
Reid might pass Belichick with Mahomes.

I have no clue why Payton would want a job in that division.
Pure arrogance thinking he could rock up to Denver, turn Russell Wilson around and knock the Chiefs off their perch. His bank account might thank him, but there’ll be a part of him that will regret that decision, if he isn’t already.

Nope. They changed the rules. Both teams gets a possession even if they score a TD
Lol, forgot about that rule change. They keep tinkering with the OT rules. Grrr.

In that case, you're right, deferring is a viable option. That said, that makes a better case to kick the FG imo. You force them to score. If you fail, they can get a fg to win. I just don't see the risk of failing from 4th and goal from the 4 as a reasonable risk to take there.

Last edited:
Lol, forgot about that rule change. They keep tinkering with the OT rules. Grrr.

In that case, you're right, deferring is a viable option. That said, that makes a better case to kick the FG imo. You force them to score. If you fail, they can get a fg to win. I just don't see the risk of failing from 4th and goal from the 4 as a reasonable risk to take there.
I agree. I'm definitely not betting against Mahomes and Reid not being able to get a TD on a tired defense in that situation. Being backed up on the 4 yard line possibly yield better results.

Open this and watch more trending videos.

Why did 49ers get conservative at the 4 yard line and kick a FG in OT?

It really doesn't make sense to kick a field goal. Go for the win. Forcing Mahomes to play 4 down football is dumb. You literally take pressure off them knowing they got 4 plays to get 10 yards
Because when it comes down to it Shanahan ain’t got no 🏈 🤣

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom