Super Bowl ticket sales not as brisk as expected (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Dubious
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Super Bowl ticket allotment shifts cause slowing of sales after conference championships

This is a microcosm of what is wrong with the NFL. The glut of tickets are taken by what amounts to an in house hospitality agency with the sole purpose of gouging fans with travel packages. The target market is either fans with over 200k per year in income or corporations. It's simply unattractive and insulting to most fans.

I honestly don't know if I would travel to a Saints super bowl even though I could likely afford and justify the expense. I feel like I'd get a more authentic experience at home I New Orleans. The NFL's ratings and standings will continue to drop if they don't find a way to at least disguise their contempt for their own customer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I was so torn between staying in New Orleans and going to the Saints Superbowl in Miami. Ended up winning the lottery to buy face value tickets so that was likely the tipping point. But I wished so hard that I could teleport back to bourbon after the Saints won. But that trip to Miami was once in a lifetime. The Saints crowd there was awesome and it was almost all locals from Louisiana.

I was a season ticket holder during the SB year, but had only been so for a few years. So, understandably, others who'd held their tickets longer, perhaps since 1967, or had other ways of winning lotteries got offers to make the trip. But, I watched the game among some of the most loyal Who Dats anyone would ever want to meet. Surely can't put a price on that!

But the original post is spot-on. And it's not like this situation popped up only in the last few years. Affording the big game began getting out of hand in the 1980s along with player salaries. One followed the other.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom