Super Bowl Week: A Team's PR Dept Nightmare (1 Viewer)

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm just laughing at the 49ers response to CB Chris Culliver's earlier remarks:

Culliver: Gay players are not welcome

49ers issue statement, 'reject' Culliver's anti-gay comments

It's got to be like herding cats in the PR Dept this week at the Super Bowl.

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Especially bad for a San Francisco player. Half their fans are probably gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm not shocked that those attitudes are still out there, but I am somewhat shocked that someone who has made it to the NFL hasn't learned not to say those things publicly. Especially in San Fran.

Lurkaholic

Banned
Reaction score
Whew, at least it was only gay people he was talking about. When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be about something important.

chickcha

Fribbler
Reaction score
<B>
“I don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. “I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

“Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”
</B>
Kwame Harris begs to differ with Culliver's statement.

billinms

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Whew, at least it was only gay people he was talking about. When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be about something important.
Dude, most people are on your side. You keep acting like you're on a lone crusade.

Firecross

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Gotta admire his honesty even though its not a comment he should be making publically, most players would walk a tight rope if someone asked him about gay players. Picture yourself playing ball and you're in the showers and the said gay player comes in and is looking at you. I wouldn't be too happy at that, I can't imagine most players would be either.

billinms

VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Gotta admire his honesty even though its not a comment he should be making publically, most players would walk a tight rope if someone asked him about gay players. Picture yourself playing ball and you're in the showers and the said gay player comes in and is looking at you. I wouldn't be too happy at that, I can't imagine most players would be either.
Lol.. why would you care? Gay guys aren't going to rape you. I've been hit on by women, although I'm very married. It doesn't cause me great anger.

Reaction score
Bogotá, Colombia - via - Metairie, LA, USA
Insecure much?

Just bc someone is gay and you're a male doesn't mean he is sexually attracted to you, naked or clothed. I'm a straight male and there are plenty of women, naked or clothed, that I am in zero way attracted to. Just bc someone is gay doesn't mean that they're attracted everyone else of the same sex.

Lurkaholic

Banned
Reaction score
THIS is what I'm saying. The people who pretend different are either lying or they're brainwashed by the Liberal media. It's time people spoke out about these things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DerrickB Article After the bye week, can the Saints get into Super Bowl contending mode? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Strengths, weaknesses for the NFL's top 12 Super Bowl contenders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 I was wrong. Saints do have a chance to make the Super Bowl. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Fleur-de-Links, October 15: New Orleans to Host Super Bowl 59 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders, Las Vegas offer to host Super Bowl LVIII after New Orleans move to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 58
Andrus BREAKING: New Orleans Chosen as the Host City for Super Bowl LIX SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans to host Super Bowl in 2025, not '24 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL owners approve moving back next New Orleans hosted Super Bowl to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Super Bowl moved from 2024 to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans to host Super Bowl in 2025 to avoid conflict with Mardi Gras in 2024 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Owners to vote today on moving New Orleans Super Bowl from 2024 to 2025 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with Saints’ Super Fan “Da Boom” gives hope and inspiration to many Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Panthers Postgame Show | Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Sean Payton Talks Win | Saints-Panthers Postgame | 2020 Week 7 SR News Page Articles 0
Week 7 late games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Panthers: Week 7 open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 7 early inactives: Aaron Jones out for Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints fans’ rooting guide for NFL Week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sources: Thomas in jeopardy of missing Week 8 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What the Saints did without Emmanuel Sanders against the Chargers in Week 5 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Behind Enemy Lines, Week 7: Previewing Saints vs. Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Saints favored by 7+ points for second consecutive week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
College prospects to watch: Week 8 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 7 preview video, Saints set to welcome our old pal Teddy B. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Wide Receiver Depth, Week 7 prep | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Demario Davis Talks Saints Defensive Communication and Execution | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Ryan Ramczyk on Staying Focused, Week 7 Game Plan | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Janoris Jenkins on Returning From Injury, Playing Fast | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Report: Bucs reach deal with Antonio Brown, to debut Week 9 vs. Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Week 7 NFL injury report roundup Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 7 Bold Predictions - Can the Saints shut down their former QB? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 23: Michael Thomas’ status for week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees reacts to New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers Week 7, Teddy Bridgewater Is No-Problem SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Latavius Murray on Staying Prepared, Panthers Defense | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Trey Hendrickson on Saints D-Line, Week 7 Game Plan | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Alvin Kamara Talks Saints Run Game, Teddy Bridgewater | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints release updated depth chart for Week 7 SR News Page Articles 0
The Edge: Assessing how New Orleans Saints, Carolina Panthers stack up for Week 7 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL Picks Week 7: Scratch and Claw Saints RSS News Feeds 0
4 daily fantasy players from Week 7: Panthers vs Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Staff Picks Week 7: Saints expected to beat the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What we have learned about the Panthers through Week 6 of the NFL season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill NFL "If The Season Ended Today..." - WEEK 6 Edition Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Andrus Saints X-Factors in Week 7 SR News Page Articles 0
RedJem This week's episode of Fleurs Truly Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
jasonsw What are the Keys to a Saints Victory vs. Panthers in week 7 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
KMSS in Shreveport showing Dallas this week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 50
State of the NFC South: Week 7 is upon us Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans Saints GM Mickey Loomis joins WWL Radio to discuss the bye week and preparations for division rival Carolina Panthers SR News Page Articles 0