Super Bowl XLIV F-15 fighter jet flyover video (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I just found this on my iphone while showing my son Ian some pics and forgot that I even filmed it. I was in line for beer when I heard Carrie Underwood start to sing the NA. I had a rare moment of clarity where I realized that beer was not as important at that point in time as catching the F-15's flyover at the Super Bowl. I ran out of the tunnel just in time to film it at the perfect angle. It's a shame that we won't get as great a view of it next February when we are in the SB in Dallas because of their sunroofed stadium. Who Dat?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYoal0RJdM

I wonder if...

Jerry Jones will still be happy after we beat his team & then win our 2nd SB in his shiney new stadium.

Being there was 100 times better than what any video shows, but that was still great. Chillbumps. :D

I just found this on my iphone while showing my son Ian some pics and forgot that I even filmed it. I was in line for beer when I heard Carrie Underwood start to sing the NA. I had a rare moment of clarity where I realized that beer was not as important at that point in time as catching the F-15's flyover at the Super Bowl. I ran out of the tunnel just in time to film it at the perfect angle. It's a shame that we won't get as great a view of it next February when we are in the SB in Dallas because of their sunroofed stadium. Who Dat?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYoal0RJdM

that was one of the most beautiful and significant moments in my life

I had just gone for a quick bathroom break. Walked out and the fighters flew right over my head. Wasn't expecting any noise, it took me aback quite a bit!

I was going to say you must have had an amazing view of the Tracy Porter interception (running towards you), but given I've plotted where I was I presume your view was better for the Pierre Thomas TD?

Any reason why there were 4 planes and not 5? Seems like they would have wanted it to be more symetrical?
..... X
.. X.. X
X ...... X

Instead of

..... X
.. X.. X
X

Just an observation.

This moment is extra memorable to me....and I am reminded I still have not yet put my story in writing.

Any reason why there were 4 planes and not 5? Seems like they would have wanted it to be more symetrical?
..... X
.. X.. X
X ...... X

Instead of

..... X
.. X.. X
X

Just an observation.

Andrew,

The missing fighter jet symbalizes the fallen/missing/killed soldier. It's a tradition!

Roger that. They flew a Missing Man formation.

Ah. Makes sense. Thanks for the factoid.

So many greats moments there that day. Got chills again just watching the video. One of the best moments was after PT's TD they crowd is going nuts and then Halftime comes on. Wish someone had a video of that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom