Super-dee Duper Home Improvement Gadgets! (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
Super-dee Duper Home Improvement Gadgets and Technology!

Hey, have you ever installed something sooooo cool in your home you had to tell people about it? Please share and let's see what you put in someone else could benefit from:

I'll go first...

I have faucets that take over 2 minutes to get hot water to--the faucets in the kitchen and the those in the master bathroom. So I installed a device the circulates hot water through the pipes and now we get hot water in seconds instead of minutes. It's a beautiful device I'd recommend to anyone who is frustrated by long wait times for hot water.

Here's the link: Cost is $200 + $50 for all the equipment I had to buy because my plumbing is not standard like the plumbing in the installation manual. I bought it at Lowes.

autocirc2_install.jpg

http://www.autocirc.com/

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure this out, too. It sounds like a great solution to my problem - it gets old having to wait 4 minutes for hot water on one side of the house. I've got a 60-gallon gas hot-water heater and a well (which means free water, minus the cost of running the pump). It looks like this system really just increases the capacity of your hot water heater through the volume of the pipes, making hot water available closer to where it's needed. But you're going to make your heating element run overtime.

I can see the obvious savings if you're paying by the gallon for water used. It's the frustration of waiting that's the key for me.

Oooo wait. You can use a timer. If I could get it to just cycle during the morning showers, and evening dishwashing, this might work!

I have one and it works great. Got tired of hearing momma complain about the time wasted waiting for the shower water to get hot.

does this increase your water heating costs?

Haven't gotten a utility bill since I installed it, so I don't know for certain. Conceptually, it's suppose to save dollars because you're not having to turn on your faucet and let all that water in the hot water pipe run down the sink.

I used to turn the shower on and let the water run for over 5 minutes before I jumped into the shower. Now for all practical purposes, I can jump in the shower and I'll have hot water in seconds.

It's also difficult to put a price on the time saved. I've feel I've gained roughly 5 - 10 minutes a day. Even simple activities like washing my face or shaving would require a 2 minute delay waitng for the water to be warm enough to start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom