Super Mario Bros Movie first look (1 Viewer)

Can’t be any worse than the last Mario Bros movie, right?

Right?

Can’t be any worse than the last Mario Bros movie, right?

Right?

usYmOQq-1425593441.gif

It's always better without real actors.

I don't know I just read the Super Mario Brothers movie wiki page and they originally wanted Danny DeVito as Mario (and directing the movie), Tom Hanks as Luigi, Michael Keaton as King Koopa and Tom Waits as Toad and that sounds like it would have been amazing.

I don't know I just read the Super Mario Brothers movie wiki page and they originally wanted Danny DeVito as Mario (and directing the movie), Tom Hanks as Luigi, Michael Keaton as King Koopa and Tom Waits as Toad and that sounds like it would have been amazing.
Maybe, but maybe those guys saw what a sheetshow it was going to be and preferred to keep their name from being associated with it. We've seen it before, a good actor can sometimes make a bad movie good, but more often than not, it's the other way around. Danny couldn't save Batman....

Maybe, but maybe those guys saw what a sheetshow it was going to be and preferred to keep their name from being associated with it. We've seen it before, a good actor can sometimes make a bad movie good, but more often than not, it's the other way around. Danny couldn't save Batman....
Ironically they passed on Tom Hanks as Luigi because he had to many bombs in the time period leading up to Mario Bros.

He then went on a 4 year run with A League of their Own, Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13 and Toy Story. Them passing him over might have saved his career :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom