Super Tuesday Predictions (1 Viewer)

(by assaulting a friendly border and spitting in our neighbor's faces)

I think it is the reverse but that is an opinion. I am sure I can find some articles backing it but I don't feel like it.

But mainly, it will be a 16 foot wall in the middle of cross-border communities that are connected (not divided) by the river, communities of people with family, friends, co-workers, medical providers..... on both sides.

Not sure what the point of this is, the idea of a cross border community does not sit well with me. It sounds like an easy entrance for illegals if you ask me but admittedly I am ignorant of what exactly that term means.

As for the other things, I see your point but when does it stop. Eventually some toes will be stepped on to beef up border security. I think it sucks but it has to start somewhere
and If it secures the border than do it. Texas will have to agree to the will of the rest of the US.
It's a start at least is how I am viewing it. Even though it is silly to do it if it is not manned with armed guards with the ok to use lethal force if necessary.

Immigration laws only allow for about 1, 000,000 immigrants annually, and that includes those trying to reunite with family members, fill jobs, persecuted refugees, and those admitted under the diversity lottery. There's not enough spaces open under the current laws.

Jonesy, you've been in Dallas too long. It's time to get out of the blinding brights whites and take a trip - like to Ciudad Acuna, Nuevo Laredo or Matamoros. I'll even point you in the direction of Boys Town. You can sample all that the border has to offer and shed some of that Dahlassness. You'll change your tune.

¡Arriba! ;)

1 million a year is plenty and Mexico is not the only place with problems where folks want to come in to the US. Eventually the US reaches the point where we can no longer absorb that many immigrants. Then what?
It's the only thing I like about Romney, his immigration stance.

Plus, when do the oppressed decide to do something in their country instead of running to this one and clogging our social system. Isn't Mexico loaded with natural resources?

More bad news for the Clinton's on the fund raising front. I find the disparity in fund absolutely amazing for a candidate of Hillary's stature.

Obama on pace to raise $30 mil in Feb
By: Jeanne Cummings
Feb 6, 2008 05:41 PM EST

Barack Obama’s campaign is on track to raise another $30 million in February, sources close to the Illinois senator say, while Hillary Rodham Clinton’s spokesman revealed Wednesday that she had loaned her campaign $5 million.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8374.html

Where are their friends in Hollywood that have always supported them?

On stage with Obama...

Obama2R0402_468x370.jpg

clooney_obama_support.jpg

halle1.jpg

bbqwhitaker.JPG

Michigan looking to vote again

Didnt see this posted Interesting

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080207/NEWS15/802070434/1001

Quote:
State Sen. Tupac Hunter, D-Detroit, one of Obama's top backers in Michigan, said Wednesday that he's keenly interested in the idea. Obama removed his name from the Jan. 15 ballot, while Clinton left hers.

The prospect of a train wreck over the bonafides of the Michigan and Florida delegations at a convention is enough to make even the Clinton campaign consider a do-over election, said East Lansing-based Democratic consultant Mark Grebner.

For Obama and DNC officials, who want to avoid conflict at the convention if at all possible, the idea is alluring, Grebner said.

"It could be done," he said.

Gov. Jennifer Granholm, one of the key backers of the Jan. 15 primary and a Clinton supporter, still considers the primary a success and is committed to making sure the results count, spokeswoman Liz Boyd said.

U.S. Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan and Democratic Party insider Debbie Dingell,

On Cup of Joe this morning they stated the DNC was considering holding a Michigan and Florida caucus before the convention to seat their delegates.

Re the Texas Primary:

Hispanic voters in Texas stand to play a significant role in the state's primary. Up to one-half of Democratic primary voters will likely be Latino, said Lydia Camarillo, vice president of the nonpartisan Southwest Voter Registration Education Project.

50% would be a significant shift to Dems. The 04 primary was 52% white, 24% latino, and 21% black. General was 66% white, 20% latino, and 12% black.

50% would be a significant shift to Dems. The 04 primary was 52% white, 24% latino, and 21% black. General was 66% white, 20% latino, and 12% black.

I agree. Texas had a lot of Hispanic voters that were loyal to fellow Texan Bush in 2004.
With him out of the picture, and with the immigration related issues, many have swung back to the Dems.

Severum projects Louisiana and US Virgin Islands for Obama.

Obama should win every state this month with the exception of ME and possibly WI. ME should be close...Clinton really needs a win there tomorrow.

I agree. Texas had a lot of Hispanic voters that were loyal to fellow Texan Bush in 2004.
With him out of the picture, and with the immigration related issues, many have swung back to the Dems.

Another thing to consider is that the Hispanic vote in Texas statewide races is always oversold and it always under delivers. They just don't turn out like they do in California. You have localized areas of dominance, but as a group, they usually stay home. I'd love to see 50% of the Democrat vote in the primary be Hispanic like that lady asserts, but I will wait to see it before I believe it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom