Super Tuesday Predictions (1 Viewer)

1. Huck will drop out and support McCain (thus giving McCain enough delegates to win)

Which takes me to another question. What happens to the few delegates Edwards won? Do they disappear, does he "give them away," etc?

It is almost guaranteed that the difference between Obama and Hillary will be less than 800 delegates so in the end the Super Delegates will probably decide this thing. Since they don't have to make their decision final until the Democratic National Convention we probably won't know who wins this thing until then and there will be a lot of wheeling and dealing going on.

I cannot remember a convention of either party where the "announcing" of the candidate by each state's delegates wasn't just symbolic and for show; in other words, it's always been a foregone conclusion by the time the convention rolls around. Does anyone know if it's ever happened before when the nominee wasn't known in advance of the convention?? And if so- when??

Which takes me to another question. What happens to the few delegates Edwards won? Do they disappear, does he "give them away," etc?

MyDD/Demconwatch have an article that explains the particulars. He keeps the delegates from NH/SC but they are free to vote for any candidate. The IA delegates will switch to Clinton/Obama in their local convention.

Thanks for the local insights from on the ground. I was wondering what the atmosphere was like there in regards to the Dem primary. With the numbers so close excitement which drives turnout could be the deciding factor.

I'm expecting Obama to lose by 5-8 points everywhere except a few spots he'll win (Illinois, Georgia, etc.) and New York where he'll get blown out. My hope is that he keeps the delegate count close because if he does it will give him all the momentum down the stretch. The good thing about being the upstart in primaries is you don't have to win to "win".

SBTB, I had a couple of collage kids come to the house to get the word out about Obama last night. I have never seen 20 something kids so excited about politics before. they were talking him up like a rockstar or actor. if we would all have that kind of feeling the day after he was elected I might even vote for him. its been awhile since California has mattered in presidential primaries that no one seems to know how to act. kind of cool when the local mormons come to the door to talk politics instead of religion.

Second wave exits from TPM/MyDD:

Alabama: Obama 60, Clinton 37
Arizona: Obama 51, Clinton 45
Arkansas: Clinton 72, Obama 26
Connecticut: Obama 53, Clinton 45
Delaware: Obama 56, Clinton 42
Georgia: Obama 75, Clinton 26
Illinois: Obama 70, Clinton 30
Massachusetts: Obama 50, Clinton 48
Missouri: Obama 50, Clinton 46
New Jersey: Obama 53, Clinton 47
New York: Clinton 56, Obama 43
Oklahoma: Clinton 61, Obama 31
Tennessee: Clinton 52, Obama 41.1

First wave:
California: Clinton 50, Obama 47
New Mexico: Obama 52, Clinton 47
Utah: Obama 61, Clinton 40

The numbers may be totally off the mark, but it will be a big night for Obama if they are true.

I went down today to vote... Found out that I regestered as an Indpendant and couldn;t vote in the primary...

Dang this system.

:elefant:

Joe

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom