Superdelegates = BCS (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
If they're just rubber-stamping the delegate count why have them? In college football we have the BCS to determine the best 2 teams in the nation. The BCS looks at both the records and the quality of wins in an attempt to match the two best teams in the NCAA.

It's been said that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Do you really believe alls of the Superdelgates will vote along with their states? Please..do you believe Ted Kennedy will vote for Hillary after campaigning for Barrack? I believe before Denver we will see the most bizarre and convoluted justifications for Superdelegates to vote for one candidate over the other it'll make our head spins.

As a McCain supporter, I'm buying a ticket, getting my popcorn ready and pulling up a chair for the show :9:.

Are you trying to discount LSU's 2 BCS National Titles?

Are you trying to discount LSU's 2 BCS National Titles?

The easy answer would be the team with the best record goes to the big dance. That's not the case; you have to factor in the "quality" of the wins. Taking into account how one judges the quality of wins; here's a potential example you might expect to see if this goes to convention.

One of the calculations I think you're likely to see is a Winner Take All (WTA) scenario with the justification that WTA better simulates the GE. So let's look at what happens in this scenario assuming Michigan and FL are seated and Hillary wins both. I'm only doing the largest 11 States to illustrate a point (we need the rest of them to finish the analysis; however, this illustrates the point that all types of crazy analysis are likely to be in play for the convention). Hillary wins Bold.

California 370
Texas 193 - Include Caucus Delegates
New York 232
Florida *
185 (Projected)
Illinois 153
Pennsylvania 158 (Projected)
Ohio 141
Michigan * 128 (Projected)

Georgia 87
North Carolina 115
New Jersey 107

Delegate counts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)_presidential_primaries,_2008

* - Delegates are currently not scheduled to be seated by the DNC. Assumes they are 100% represented and Hillary wins.

Assuming Hillary wins those states and the delegates are seated the WTA math would be HC - 1514 versus BO - 355. Even if Barrack won the popular vote he could still be way behind in delegate count if it were WTA.

I'm not indicating this is the right way to determine the nominee; only that these types of analysis are likely to be in play at the time of the convention.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom