Superdome Garage 6 Questions (1 Viewer)

I am moving from Champions Garage to the above. Will someone that currently parks there please answer a few questions for me. Thanks
Welcome to the site! I'm from Madison as well. Can't offer much advice on the parking garage, but I travel from Madison for the games. I usually find an open-air public lot on ParkWhiz.com (or similar). In my experience, they're much (much) easier to get out of and onto I-10W than the garages!

Good luck!

Welcome to the site! I'm from Madison as well. Can't offer much advice on the parking garage, but I travel from Madison for the games. I usually find an open-air public lot on ParkWhiz.com (or similar). In my experience, they're much (much) easier to get out of and onto I-10W than the garages!

Good luck!
Ty for your reply.As stated, we have been parking in Champions Garage for 5 or 6 years and was able to move to Superdome 6 this year. I enjoy knowing I have a reserved permanent space each game and usually bring a cooler to enjoy awaiting the traffic to clear. We most always spend the night as well. If you would care to identify yourself, I would be happy to do so as well.

One benefit about Garage 6 is it exits out onto Poydras and then the I-10W on-ramp is right there, at least Rows A through D does (I don’t know if they make Rows E through H turn left down W Stadium Drive or not).

The time to exit the garage is largely dependent on what level you’re on and how far back in the garage you are. Naturally, the closer to ground level and closer to the entrance you are, the shorter time it’ll take to get out.

I only park in Garage 6 a few games per year, but from that ground level parking spot to the on-ramp, it might be 10 minutes at worst. And that’s if the foot traffic is heavier than usual, but it’s usually around 5 minutes or so, but also the spot is very close to the entrance as well.

I am moving from Champions Garage to the above. Will someone that currently parks there please answer a few questions for me. Thanks
I’m on the top level of 6, last year was my first year. Hit me with your questions.

One benefit about Garage 6 is it exits out onto Poydras and then the I-10W on-ramp is right there, at least Rows A through D does (I don’t know if they make Rows E through H turn left down W Stadium Drive or not).

The time to exit the garage is largely dependent on what level you’re on and how far back in the garage you are. Naturally, the closer to ground level and closer to the entrance you are, the shorter time it’ll take to get out.

I only park in Garage 6 a few games per year, but from that ground level parking spot to the on-ramp, it might be 10 minutes at worst. And that’s if the foot traffic is heavier than usual, but it’s usually around 5 minutes or so, but also the spot is very close to the entrance as well.
Thanks for your reply. I am on level 3 row B space 165.......I have searched for a detailed diagram of the garage but have not found one. Thank you for your information and please feel free to add more if you feel it would be helpful.

I come out of games very late, so I don’t know how helpful this is. Like Alan12 said, we’re all going I-10 West via Stadium Drive. I get off at Florida Ave and jog over to get back to I-610 East. Didn’t have many troubles with that last year.

Thanks for your reply. I am on level 3 row B space 165.......I have searched for a detailed diagram of the garage but have not found one. Thank you for your information and please feel free to add more if you feel it would be helpful.
Not a problem at all! And that’s actually great that you posted the exact space number because I found this video someone uploaded two years ago that happens to pass right by your newly acquired Garage 6 parking space.

Skip ahead to ~7:20 into the video and you can see what will more than likely the exact route that they direct you through to get to your spot on gamedays.

This screenshot is at about 8:30 of the video and your spot is between the dark blue Tundra and the white Tacoma. 😁

CAEF49F4-186D-4015-952C-E10F4E8CFA15.jpeg

Sounds like a sweet spot.

Thanks for your reply. How many levels are in Garage 6 and how long does it normally take for you to get out and on I-10 ?
I want to say I’m on the 3rd level up, the sky is my ceiling.

I’m not a valid source on time to get out. I bring my mother in a wheelchair to games. To get her to and from the Terrace is always an adventure (I could write a multi page thread on why the Superdome hates the handicapped). Usually, we’re not out the building until at least a half hour from the game end. From there, we’re usually able to get out the space and into the line out, but it’s probably another 20 minutes ish to get to I-10 (I’m usually so excited to have run the Dome gauntlet out with her, I’m not paying much attention at the time spent). Again, I’m not the best judge.

I misread this as "Superdome Garage - 6 Questions" and just HAD to open it up to see how someone could have six different questions about a parking garage. LOL

I misread this as "Superdome Garage - 6 Questions" and just HAD to open it up to see how someone could have six different questions about a parking garage. LOL
I’m shocked people park in that garage. I rather park free and walk. Well actually I park, take streetcar, then walk and enjoy the sights of tailgating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom