Superdome gets approval for “massive” upgrades (1 Viewer)

An important upgrade for an economy built largely on tourism and entertainment. No one does it better! This should also ensure a spot in an ever-elongating line for hosting Super Bowls. No one does that better, either ;)

One naive wish would be for more comfy seats in the terrace, or at least seats where the lumbar supports go back a bit and aren't straight up and down. Living with more back trouble as I get older, unfortunately!
Man I just wish they would put seat dividers where we’re at in the terrace. As the game goes on, the seat area gets smaller due to encroachment.

That’s without the Saints 150 mil contribution right. The upgrades was supposedly 450 mil the other day

I believe so...

Under the terms of the financing deal, the Saints have agreed to fund a third of the project costs, or up to about $150 million, and the LSED will fund $210 million through the issuance bonds. The state would cover the remaining $90 million.

$150M + $210M + $90M = $450M

"...the first phase, which is then expected to begin next January, after either the College Football Playoff Championship Game on Jan. 13 or the NFC Championship Game on Jan. 19..."

Doesn't look like construction will be starting until Jan 20, 2020.

Boom!!

Nice to see a combination of team funds and state funds -- the days of taxpayers funding stadiums are finally winding down.

The argument for the state to contribute to the Dome is that it remains a draw for college football, concerts and other Dome events.

I think the split is fair.

It's pretty amazing that Louisiana really did it right the first time back in the early 70s (happy to have the "it should have been on the riverfront" argument in a different thread :hihi:). God bless Dave Dixon and John McKeithen.

The Superdome is quickly becoming the modern day Lambeau/Soldier Field. Don’t think the Saints will ever play in another building in New Orleans. The Superdome is so iconic.

I've always seen the Dome as one of 'those' venues. In its own right, it has a history that would rival almost any other stadium in the world. Its the thing you see when you picture New Orleans skyline.

I say keep it modern and let it life forever! Or atleast until the city sinks.

Set aside a little of that and clean the dam roof. It had been a little while since I had been to the city , passed by there the other week and it looks horrible
Cant till the litigation is over with the lawsuit.

Set aside a little of that and clean the dam roof. It had been a little while since I had been to the city , passed by there the other week and it looks horrible

I'd like to see the roof addressed in a way that makes cleaning it every few months not required, event if it means paining it a color other than bright white.

This is absolutely wonderful observation and commentary on who we are.

We are a relatively young culture with a relatively short history. Living in Lafayette, I really appreciate the impact of this statement.

Probably the most profound thing I've ever read on this board. Salute.

What a compliment. Thank you so much. The Dome means so much more to the city, state, and region than just a sports stadium. It's part of the city. It might be old and and outdated but I can't imagine driving into the city and not seeing The Dome in all of its glory.

To me, it is the most quickly recognized stadium in all of sports, at least in America. It is also the best looking one in sports. When Atlanta press referred to the Dome as a dump (paraphasing), I had to laugh about the circus tent they played in for all those years. Their new place looks like the "devil's anus" (guessing) as it opens.

Now if we could only get the state government to be business friendly, we could actual afford to pay for it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom