Superdome has an acne problem! (1 Viewer)

I noticed this morning that they're preparing to remove the "Mercedes-Benz" from the roof. It's the only area that was cleaned. Sorry no pic, I was driving alone.

Domes are beautiful when new or freshly cleaned. The climate here makes cleaning a never-ending and increasingly expensive job. One solution would be to build a mesh fence at the roofline to partially obscure the bird droppings and mildew but allow the iconic dome shape to show through. The fence would have to be hurricane-proof and/or collapsible. Or, the grounds crew could be trained and equipped to handle the job.

Cover it with multiple layers of Saran Wrap and peal off a layer every couple weeks or s
I noticed this morning that they're preparing to remove the "Mercedes-Benz" from the roof. It's the only area that was cleaned. Sorry no pic, I was driving alone.
Here is the pic courtesy of NOLA.com

60f99f6106d9b.image.jpg

Zoom in and you see spots that probably need Dr.Pimple Popper too. Start with that black spot all the way up above Benz. Carve that thing out.

Last edited:
SMG is in the middle of litigation because the roof year before last was supposed to be a long time before cleaning. Last year they tried to sue to get the company to redo it because one year later needs to be redone. They're still probably in litigation, and we'll probably go with a different company and pay out of pocket and try to get the other company to pay for it legally. But they have to do something, they can't leave it like that under the new contract. And of course new negotiations would have had that all included.

Liquid paper the old logo? Let’s just hope they are trolling us. Photo courtesy Nola.com

60ff1b517effc.image.jpg

Jobs are scarce, right? Pay about a hundred people min wage and give them each a scrub brush and Ajax. Keep them on retainer for touch ups...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom