Superdome Re-skin Update! - 9/29/09 (terrace level started) (1 Viewer)

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
Been a while guys, but since the terrace level (the long curved vertical portions) has been started and there was some talk about it I thought I'd bike down and snap a few good pics. :9:

For reference, you can find the progression of my updates and all the pics on here (all the way back to the days when they were simply doing the corners and we had no idea what was going on):

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112560&highlight=superdome+update (most recent til today's)

and

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110796&highlight=superdome+re-skin (has all the older threads)

Onward!

We take a ride up the ramps and see the stage where bands perform pregame...

P9270224.jpg

We turn around to face the Dome :worthy: New banners and you get a glimpse of the new siding on the plaze level...

P9270225.jpg

Now what we've all been waiting for, the work being done on the terrace level! (these are all taken from the conjoining bridge to the Arena)

P9270226.jpg

P9270228.jpg

Little farther around...

P9270229.jpg

Good contrast between the new siding and the old greying siding... imagine what it'll look like when the vertical siding looks like that!

P9270231.jpg

So there ya go. :9: That's insulation by the way in case it's hard to tell for some people... not the siding.

They hired Gary Gibbs to do the work. The dome will fall apart just like his coverages!

Freakin' A!! That is gonna be bad to the bone! Would be awesome if it were done in time for playoffs. Thank you so much PH!! GEAUX SAINTS!! Through Thick and Thin

Do you have a link to an artist's rendering of the final product? Searched around and couldn't find one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom