Superdome Renovations Enters Phase 3 (2 Viewers)

In 2000 when Tom Benson was renegotiating a lease with the State of Louisiana, I started the Soldiers of Sainthood over the web doing a segment on Buddy D's show and ABC 26 to get citizens to contact our state legislators to help keep the Saints in Louisiana communicating having an NFL team brought in more tax revenues than subsidies to stadium improvements would cost. Benson was talking about a riverside stadium near the convention center. I was promoting Dome improvements as a compromise. My name on here Sainthood comes from that. It brings me joy to see the Saints 20 years later still in the Superdome with multiple phases of improvements. Long live the Superdome!

Stupid question time…what are club seats?
Nah, not a stupid question at all.

But they’re largely seats that they apply that title to justify the absurd price they charge for them.

Some have designated areas where you can go for beer/concessions/bathrooms with much shorter lines since only those ticketholders are allowed to enter, like the Bunker Clubs. But I sit next to the Bunker Club in what they call the “Plaza Sideline Club” or whatever, but the only “club” area I can access by being a ticketholder there is way up in the 200 or 300-level, so what sense does that make?

Another benefit I’d take advantage of if I was a Bunker Club ticketholder was the Superdome entrance from the garage level to avoid those long lines. 😂
Escalators that stop working are stairs. Sorry for the convenience...
“There shouldn’t be an ‘escalators temporarily out of order’ sign, just ‘escalators temporarily stairs’” 😂😂

God, I miss Mitch Hedberg

Nah, not a stupid question at all.

But they’re largely seats that they apply that title to justify the absurd price they charge for them.

Some have designated areas where you can go for beer/concessions/bathrooms with much shorter lines since only those ticketholders are allowed to enter, like the Bunker Clubs. But I sit next to the Bunker Club in what they call the “Plaza Sideline Club” or whatever, but the only “club” area I can access by being a ticketholder there is way up in the 200 or 300-level, so what sense does that make?

Another benefit I’d take advantage of if I was a Bunker Club ticketholder was the Superdome entrance from the garage level to avoid those long lines. 😂

“There shouldn’t be an ‘escalators temporarily out of order’ sign, just ‘escalators temporarily stairs’” 😂😂

God, I miss Mitch Hedberg

Wait, so if my tickets are in Sec 117 (plaza club sideline), I have access to the club dining areas in the 200/300 area? I did not know that.

Wait, so if my tickets are in Sec 117 (plaza club sideline), I have access to the club dining areas in the 200/300 area? I did not know that.
As far as I know, that’s correct.

I sat in the terrace for 23 years and I loved it, but as I’ve gotten older I appreciate the access to the club area to grab a drink, have a seat and people watch (or watch the noon game, if it’s a 3:30 Saints kickoff).

I would always grab club seats if I was going to a game solo or had friends use my tickets and I fell in love with the simple experience.

But as mentioned - way more expensive for what you actually get. It’s worth it to me this year but I get why it just isn’t worth the expense to everyone.

And my section still won’t have cupholders for my drinks.

So you mean to tell me that you have to sit your cup on the ground right in front of you and pick it up every so often to take sips for about 20 minutes or so until you’re done with it???!!! OH MY GOD!

So you mean to tell me that you have to sit your cup on the ground right in front of you and pick it up every so often to take sips for about 20 minutes or so until you’re done with it???!!! OH MY GOD!
Well, when the drink costs 10 bucks, I don’t want to spill on the ground after every TD!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom