Superdome Shutdown: Super Bowl XLVII Blackout Hurts New Orleans' Chances to Host Future Super Bowls (1 Viewer)

I believe Forbes is wrong on this one..... It may hinder what goes on during halftime though....

Bullcrap!!

It's been a great week and a great experience. We've never had a problem before and this was a freak thing.

Everyone calm down. We'll be right in the thick of things. This too shall pass.

That reads as a huge knee-jerk reaction. It's certainly a gaffe, but my prediction is that it won't have any bearing on New Orleans' chances of snagging the SB in 2018, the year of the city's tricentennial.

ETA: And as I post this, the Ravens owner receives the Lombardi trophy and says, "I want to thank the City of New Orleans for what is just a spectacular way to celebrate. I've never seen anything like this."

FYI The Ravens OWNER just complimented New ORleans - "never seen anyhting like this before " ( regarding the week leading up to game )

bs we will get another superbowl look how the game turn out. If anything the blackout made the superbowl more watchable because it was a blowout.

knee jerk, but still, it was bad. Depends on what ravens fans think because that's who it hurt. Can only imagine how Payton would have felt in ravens situation. Someones head rwill roll and should. A very bad mistake in an otherwise perfect hosting week.

FYI The Ravens OWNER just complimented New ORleans - "never seen anyhting like this before " ( regarding the week leading up to game )

Was just about to post this. Steve Bisciotti thanked New Orleans before anyone else saying "a spectaculur way to celebrate. I've never seen anything like it."

I'm pretty sure we made a lasting impression! :9:

That's completely irresponsible commentary by Forbes without knowing what the cause was.

I don't think it will have any impact on future Superbowls in New Orleans at the Superdome.

in 10 years hardly anyone will remember who won or what the score was. but i would be willing to bet people would still remember the time the lights went out in the superbowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom