Superdome Shutdown: Super Bowl XLVII Blackout Hurts New Orleans' Chances to Host Future Super Bowls (1 Viewer)

IMHO, I think New Orleans puts on one if not the best Superbowl experiences.

Stuff happens, the blackout could have happen anywhere.

Guy calls for a new facility? 10-1 odds he isn't even in New Orleans for the game or surrounding facilities. He has no clue.

Had the Niners won, it would be a terrible black eye for N.O. It will, no doubt be a topic of discussion tomorrow, but since the Raven won -- there will be some who will say it actually improved a blowout super bowl and made it a classic game. Though the actual impact of the blackout is up for debate -- remember, the Niners had to wait for 35 minutes as well and with the half time and the kick off return...it was just an unusual fluke.

Had the Ravens lost I believe it would have legs and could have hurt. As it stands it's just an oddity that will likely be mostly forgotten by the time eligibility roles back around. It isn't good, but it will fade with time.

I call B.S. Lightning storms delay open stadiums all the time for longer periods than this. It was an accident. I've been to numerous games in the dome and there was never an issue. Hope the media remembers how small a deal this is compared to the issues next years SB will have in freeezing wheather and snow.

I call B.S. Lightning storms delay open stadiums all the time for longer periods than this. It was an accident. I've been to numerous games in the dome and there was never an issue. Hope the media remembers how small a deal this is compared to the issues next years SB will have in freeezing wheather and snow.

This +1000!

This was actually the best thing that could have happened for Goodell. Considering next year is going to be Ice Bowl II.
He can say --"at least the power didn't go out!"

Forbes has only gotten worse and worse as far the respect meter goes. The Super Bowl is also a week long experience. What happened over 30 minutes does not overshadow the times people had over the course of days if not an entire week.

Also doesn't take into account the game has been hosted in that very stadium 6 times already before this one.

Pathetic piece.

Next!

if anything it made the game better, it gave a longer half time rest to the players on the D who needed it more than anything and made the game kind of like a whole new game in the second half. Loved the way the ravens played the last 2 mins.

It's a shame and somewhat embarrassing, but I'm also sure that's about as far as it goes for our chances of getting another soon. I'm sure the NFL didn't just give it to us before making everything was up to their standards for the Super Bowl.

The idiot who wrote the article cited the new Meadowlands stadium to show how outdated the Superdome is. He failed to mention that the New Meadowland stadium had two blackouts in one night during the Giants Cowboy game in November 2010.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom