Superdome windows to shine on Club Level (1 Viewer)

cool article - thanks!

Metallic louver sunshades will camouflage the Dome’s glass windows so people will be able to see in and out yet the structure will maintain its uninterrupted silver glare, said project architect Jon Seibert of Sizeler Architects, which along with Billes Architecture, Trahan Architects and the Minneapolis-based engineer Ellerbe Becket, is carrying out the three-year renovation.

“You’ll have to look to see the windows there,” said Seibert. “It’s hard to add a hole and hide it, too, but that is what we are trying to do.”

superdome1.jpg

:9:

While I'm excited about the continuious improvements to the dome, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little dissapointed. The four windows are only 100 Feet in length? That will barely cover 33 yards. I thought they were going to be more like three to four times that size, covering more area and letting more light in.

Heck, why not have them half the height (9 feet) and twice the length? It's gonna be really hard to get 70k people to keep moving in front of a 100 foot span. Just seems like a lot of money for such a small improvement. Then again, I'm not an architect and it's not my money....LOL

Does anyone know where I can find a link explaining the timeline of the improvements? Preferably one with pics. Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom