Supergirl - Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Not sure how I feel about this one...

While speaking with the press today, including CBR, “Supergirl” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed James Olson — played by Mehcad Brooks on The CW program — will soon be bit by the hero bug and become The Guardian.

“James will decide he can no longer sit back and be a sidekick,” the producer said. “[It] will cause massive problem in his relationship with Kara because he has decided not to tell her.”

With Kara unwilling to support vigilantes, there will be a “push-pull” between Supergirl and the Guardian.

Supergirl's James Olson to Become DC Hero, The Guardian - CBR

The first 12 minutes were better than some of the early episodes in their entirety.

Cat Grant's "Ms. Teschmacher!" was terrific. :)

I wasn't so crazy about the whole Kara/Jimmy thing. I'm sure that will drag on throughout the season. Yay.

I liked the fully CGI Calista Flockhart. You could barely tell it wasn't an actual actress.

And Cadmus? Yep, I'll take some of that.

I agree with this, especially the "Miss Teschmacher!" thing. I half expected to see Valerie Perrine walk around the corner.

Honestly I thought it was a bit slow though. While some things we just jumped right into the continuity seemed a tad off.

And the first look at Jimmy Olsen as Guardian...

czdkbp6js13jcokn0nxf.jpg

This week, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that James Olsen would become the show’s version of Guardian. Now Supergirl co-star Mehcad Brooks has revealed James’ new look as the DC superhero, and it’s pretty sharp! (Is anyone else getting a Nobodies from Kingdom Hearts vibe going on here?)

From the sounds of it, Olsen begins his superhero career mostly because he’s bored—and who can blame him? With his romance with Kara seemingly shelved, there’s not much else for the photographer to do on the show. So it makes sense he’d want to fight alongside Supergirl to keep National City safe, even if he doesn’t want her to know it’s him.

James Olsen Armors Up for the First Look at Supergirl's Guardian

No. We have Superman, Super Girl and Martian Manhunter. That's enough. Don't go the Arrow route and think you need 17,435 heroes on the show.

No. No. No.

No. We have Superman, Super Girl and Martian Manhunter. That's enough. Don't go the Arrow route and think you need 17,435 heroes on the show.

No. No. No.
Think they might be trying to make Jimmy and Kara the new Olicity? I pray to sweet baby jeebus that they don't do that

I swear they come up with the most counterintuititve plots on these shows. I'd love to be in the writer's room and see how they decide *this* (or Olicity or Barry and Iris or whatever) is what they absolutely must focus on.

Why does everything have to have a romance that is complicated by stupid things? Just tell fun superhero stories! I don't care about soap opera dramatic bullcrap. No one does. It straight up ruined Arrow after two fantastic seasons. Hopefully this just lasts a bit and then Olsen gets his clock cleaned and is like "Hey, not for me."

If you go back to when the network jump was announced I said this is what I was scared of. Season one managed a balance between camp and serious but most importantly it stayed away from adults acting like love sick teens.

That's not how WB shows work. Already in this episode we see Cat, Kara and Jimmy all acting like children on the playground with a crush.

This is the WB. Even on Vampire Diaries the 200+ year olds acted like teens. Every character has to be at a mental level high school kids can relate to.

Yeahhhh, I'm not quite sure I'm feeling this Jimmy as Guardian thing. That picture is just giving me the right vibes. I hope they don't linger on this.

- Great line by Superman about the bullets and punches. I laughed on that one.
- So they either couldn't afford Calista's salary or digital doctoring (or both) on a weekly basis...I'm sure we'll see her here and there, though.
- She got Jimmy to run the place? Really, a photographer is now the boss? Between this and the Guardian thing, I'm scratching my head with how they're handling this character.
- Looks like Winn is this show's Cisco.
- I liked the Fortress glimpse...hang on to that set for the Superman show you need to make, CW.
- CADMUS should be interesting.

Absolutely loved Roulette. I can't wait until we see her again.

And I would love to be in the middle of a Alex/Maggie sandwich.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Jimmy has become the new Felicity and I absolutely hate it.

Catching up on this week's episode... drunk Supergirl is pretty funny...

"All right, Supergirl and I will fly up there..."
(Sees passed out Supergirl)
(sigh) "Alex and I will take the jet." lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom