Supergirl - Season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With the season premiere coming up in less than three weeks, I thought was would be a good way to kick things off:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvzqZKYqQX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd like a Superman CW now.

Only thing that sucks is the season starting in October.

Only thing that sucks is the season starting in October.

Same with The Flash, and I'm going to be in Europe during the first 2 weeks of October - so Hulu and the network viewing sites don't work either. Have to figure something out....

Same with The Flash, and I'm going to be in Europe during the first 2 weeks of October - so Hulu and the network viewing sites don't work either. Have to figure something out....

VPN/Proxy?

One and a half hours until the season premiere. This is going to be a good week as we have the complete CW DC universe with new episodes. :)

So soon...?

The first 12 minutes were better than some of the early episodes in their entirety.

Cat Grant's "Ms. Teschmacher!" was terrific. :)

I wasn't so crazy about the whole Kara/Jimmy thing. I'm sure that will drag on throughout the season. Yay.

I liked the fully CGI Calista Flockhart. You could barely tell it wasn't an actual actress.

And Cadmus? Yep, I'll take some of that.

The first 12 minutes were better than some of the early episodes in their entirety.

I wasn't so crazy about the whole Kara/Jimmy thing. I'm sure that will drag on throughout the season. Yay.

I liked the fully CGI Calista Flockhart. You could barely tell it wasn't an actual actress.

Agree with all of this.

I almost wish they had held off Clark's appearance a little longer. It's not like we didn't have the season to see him.

Not crazy about the cape either.

Agree with everything. Great episodes with the nods to original Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. Lots of great action and team up with Clark and Kara, Martian and Superman history, Metallo, Cadmus Labs! So much material and thought the new Superman was good. He played the part great. Reminded me of the Reeves Superman again.

Agree with all of this.

I almost wish they had held off Clark's appearance a little longer. It's not like we didn't have the season to see him.

Not crazy about the cape either.

I think they wanted to make sure everyone knew right out the gate that we weren't going to be getting the "red boots on a table" or "blue and red" blur routine that we got for Superman before. As a Superman fan, I was fine with it, but I could see where people would want a build up. I guess I see last season as the build up.

And second on the cape design. Not liking the shoulder covers and attachment bit. I understand the costume designer wants to make it his/her own, but what's wrong with a less football player shoulder pads look?

Agree with everything. Great episodes with the nods to original Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. Lots of great action and team up with Clark and Kara, Martian and Superman history, Metallo, Cadmus Labs! So much material and thought the new Superman was good. He played the part great. Reminded me of the Reeves Superman again.

Once again, the WB execs could learn a lot from watching the CW shows. They're fun. :)

New (Superman on CW)

Almost seems inevitable at this point, right? Can you imagine having all five weeknights filled with this universe? I can and it's pretty sweet.

New (Superman on CW)

Almost seems inevitable at this point, right? Can you imagine having all five weeknights filled with this universe? I can and it's pretty sweet.

Most definitely. CW needs to make it happen.

Not a bad read...

Unlike Marvel, which has sought to create a fully integrated universe in which all of its movies and TV shows coexist, DC has stated that individual properties can essentially operate on their own. That means Superman can wing into Supergirl's home town of National City without impacting the version of the Man of Steel played by Henry Cavill in the Warner Bros. movies.

DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson explained the rationale*for that at a conference last year, citing concerns that adopting Marvel's formula "could end up handcuffing our creators into trying to work with the same storyline." (She did note that the one-universe template has "worked beautifully" for Marvel.)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/entertainment/supergirl-season-two-preview/index.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom