Mock Draft SuperKid Full Offseason Free Agent + Mock Draft 1.0 try (LONG READ) (1 Viewer)

Great post.

We'll thought out and realistic.

A few talking points for me:

- I'd like to hang on to Onyemata. He shouldn't be expensive. This probably means no McCoy but I like the youth and I think he's ascending. I also think Rankins bounces back.

- Higgins would be awesome. I feel like there is no way he falls that far but I haven't kept up with it. If he was available in my mock draft I'd pick him without blinking.

- LB scares me. Pretty thin. I do have hope for Ellis after last offseason. If he's legit (and healthy) I feel better. I just cant have any faith in an Anzalone roster spot unfortunately. If Klein doesn't have a market I'd resign him to be safe. Not getting in a bidding war though. Maybe add a cheap FA flyer just to get some competition.

- I like your defensive backfield. If we do swap Jenkins for Apple I really want a young outside prospect. Managing a 4th rounder is okay for that. Keeping everything else intact is ideal for me. If Jenkins and CGJ are the upgrades they should be, I think the backfield excels. Hopefully Bell takes the fair deal.

- I don't mind overloading at OL but I'd almost think we could cut Easton with that roster. He's pretty pricy for a backup. Maybe not a smart move but would save a chunk of money. I was hoping for a Tackle that could flex guard in the draft. Not easy to do though.

With all that said. I'd be perfectly content with your offseason.

Tip of the hat to the OP....well done....

I agree with holding on to Oyenmata if we can get him on a reasonable deal, which I believe we can. I just don't agree with letting young, improving players go...

I really don't think Tee Higgins will drop to 24, especially if he wows at the combine which I believe he will. I agree that he is not a great route runner so I'm not sure SP would draft him there even if he was available.

I wholeheartedly disagree with letting Klein walk. Our defense last year without him had their worst outings and notable improved when he got back. He is not a super talented athletic LB, but he is very instinctual and sets the defensive alignments well, I think he is very underrated by most fans.

I wholeheartedly agree with extending Jenkins, I think he complements Lattimore very well and he is that ball hawking CB that we have been missing for years.

I don't believe we will go after Thuney (as he is going to be mega expensive) and I don't think we necessarily need to, I think Easton is very capable, he was a rock when he was in the lineup last year, I do agree that we will draft oline earlier than most think if BPA is there.

Nice post OP, though I don't agree with alot of it, it is plausible....

I like this too. A few things I kinda think go a different way though.

I think we re-sign Klein and his contract matches his role this time. He'll make about half of what his last contract was for.
I feel like Drew retires and we have to add another QB in FA, the draft, or both.
I think we should consider re-signing Onyemata and cancelling our 5th year option on Rankins. It would hurt to lose big shimmy, but man, $7,690,000 is a LOT to pay for a player that seems to constantly be injured. Rankins is the better of the two players, but not by a whole lot.

edit: If at all possible, I would want to hang on to both Rankins and Onyemata. So in your take, that would mean keeping both instead of picking up McCoy.

Appreciate the reads I'll respond to a few points on my lunch break.

-Agreed that it might be a bit optimistic thinking to sign Thuney although Loomis always seems to make that one splash signing that no one thought was possible every off-season. If we go after any A-tier free agent I think one of the two top Interior OL Thuney, or Brandon Scherff would be most worth it.

If we choose not to go that route would you be okay with a more affordable signing like Xavier Su'a-Filo, and roll with him and Easton at LG until Draft time? I think there are good Interior OL options in this draft. In that case you could hold off the Armstead, Warford extensions for next season to make more room for later seasons. 2021-22.

- For the guys in the let Vonn Bell walk crowd What is the proposed solution at SS afterwards? Do you then go after a guy like Jimmie Ward, or Tre Boston? Pricey but less expensive than (Anthony Harris, or Justin Simmons) or do you target a more affordable mid level Safety. Like Demarious Randall, Clinton-Dix?

Maybe your solution is to just move Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Strong Safety full time but then you need a replacement vat Nickelback either through Free agency or Draft. Maybe looking at McKinney from Alabama at 24?

- Agreed Fullback will be a bigger priority that was an oversight in my write up. I just haven't had a lot of time to look at Fullback options this off-season I will go more in depth in a future write up.

- Couning on Anzalone to stay healthy through a whole season is quite the gamble if he's out again that's where you slide Campbell in at Mlb and hope Ellis, or a draft pick steps up at SLB. This is not a great LB free agent class. I guess you could go after Blake Martinez, or just re-sign Klein. Patrick Queen, and Kenneth Murray were in play at 24 but they kind of felt like reaches and I didn't want to draft for need.

Last edited:
Nicely done. You spent some time on this, and thanks for sharing.

My biggest concern is letting Onyemata go. I would make him a priority signing.

Tip of the hat to the OP....well done....

I agree with holding on to Oyenmata if we can get him on a reasonable deal, which I believe we can. I just don't agree with letting young, improving players go...

I really don't think Tee Higgins will drop to 24, especially if he wows at the combine which I believe he will. I agree that he is not a great route runner so I'm not sure SP would draft him there even if he was available.

I wholeheartedly disagree with letting Klein walk. Our defense last year without him had their worst outings and notable improved when he got back. He is not a super talented athletic LB, but he is very instinctual and sets the defensive alignments well, I think he is very underrated by most fans.

I wholeheartedly agree with extending Jenkins, I think he complements Lattimore very well and he is that ball hawking CB that we have been missing for years.

I don't believe we will go after Thuney (as he is going to be mega expensive) and I don't think we necessarily need to, I think Easton is very capable, he was a rock when he was in the lineup last year, I do agree that we will draft oline earlier than most think if BPA is there.

Nice post OP, though I don't agree with alot of it, it is plausible....

I think we can improve on Easton and should at least try to in the draft. I'm fine with him being the starter though. In his short playing stint, I felt like he was at least consistent. Didn't give you the splash plays but didn't completely wiff either. I'd rather have that at o-line. I still see it as a starting spot we can improve in the offseason along with WR and LB. Well LB is more about injuries and FAs than improving talent.

- Couning on Anzalone to stay healthy through a whole season is quite the gamble if he's out again that's where you slide Campbell in at Mlb and hope Ellis, or a draft pick steps up at SLB. This is not a great LB free agent class. I guess you could go after Blake Martinez, or just re-sign Klein. Patrick Queen, and Kenneth Murray were in play at 24 but they kind of felt like reaches and I didn't want to draft for need.

Nice write up. Don't know much about the draft picks, as I don't typically delve that deep into college football. I'm not sure about Queen. I think he may go higher just because of the recent success of Devin White and Deion Jones. But I don't think he's on that level. Murray would be ideal, but I doubt he'll get out of the teens, if not the top 10.

But in regards to LB in FA, I've been beating the drum for Joe Schobert, MLB, CLE. The guy is a stud who has gotten better every year. Not sure what his market value is going to be, but he's a tackling machine and has a knack for turnovers.

Nope, for one reason. The saints do not have a terrible OL, why do people keep putting OL in our draft. Our line played well all year, Nick Easton was lights out as a starter, in fact you start him instead of Peat we probably win against Minny.

I think we can improve on Easton and should at least try to in the draft. I'm fine with him being the starter though. In his short playing stint, I felt like he was at least consistent. Didn't give you the splash plays but didn't completely wiff either. I'd rather have that at o-line. I still see it as a starting spot we can improve in the offseason along with WR and LB. Well LB is more about injuries and FAs than improving talent.
Easton and Peat played like ? in the Minnesota game .

Great post. I would keep Klein though. Lber depth has been a huge issue the past seasons, can´t expect to get better if you release the only players that can get through the season.

Anyone else thinking we need to flip a little cash Tyler Eifert's way and see if he can finally stay relatively healthy? Structure the deal for bonuses based on snaps or something?

Anyone else thinking we need to flip a little cash Tyler Eifert's way and see if he can finally stay relatively healthy? Structure the deal for bonuses based on snaps or something?
Getting a 3rd Tight End to fill out the roster is definitely in play.

Some name possibilities are; Eric Ebron (poor blocker so extra receiving threat only) Luke Wilson, Charles Clay, Rickey Seals-Jones (RFA)

Some guys from the Draft\ that could be possibilities later on
Hunter Bryant - Washington
Harrison Bryant - Florida Atlantic (really good blocking TE)
Adam Trautman - Dayton (really smooth route runner at the Senior Bowl)
Stephen Sullivan - LSU (stock rising after Senior Bowl)

on a side note Question I've been pondering for the board:

Let's say in a hypothetical situation where the Saints are able to clear upwards of 50+ mil, and say they get a friendly Brees extension and maybe squeeze in a Ramcyck, or Lattimore extension as well; and let's say there's enough cap room for One, Day 1 A-tier free agent signing. Who do you choose?

Guard - Brandon Scherff / Joe Thuney
Linebacker - Corey Littleton
Wide Receiver - Breshad Perriman / AJ Green

Keep in mind only get to pick 1... who you got.

Getting a 3rd Tight End to fill out the roster is definitely in play.

Some name possibilities are; Eric Ebron (poor blocker so extra receiving threat only) Luke Wilson, Charles Clay, Rickey Seals-Jones (RFA)

Some guys from the Draft\ that could be possibilities later on
Hunter Bryant - Washington
Harrison Bryant - Florida Atlantic (really good blocking TE)
Adam Trautman - Dayton (really smooth route runner at the Senior Bowl)
Stephen Sullivan - LSU (stock rising after Senior Bowl)

on a side note Question I've been pondering for the board:

Let's say in a hypothetical situation where the Saints are able to clear upwards of 50+ mil, and say they get a friendly Brees extension and maybe squeeze in a Ramcyck, or Lattimore extension as well; and let's say there's enough cap room for One, Day 1 A-tier free agent signing. Who do you choose?

Guard - Brandon Scherff / Joe Thuney
Linebacker - Corey Littleton
Wide Receiver - Breshad Perriman / AJ Green

Keep in mind only get to pick 1... who you got.
I’d take one of the guards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom