Superman & Lois - now ALL seasons (2 Viewers)

Yeah, Legends has officially jumped the shark. Batwoman isn't terrible, but it's not good either. Has a decent episode every now and then. The Flash is just average right now.

How is it they do such an awesome show here and everything else doesn't come close?

Well, Stargirl is pretty good, so there's that.
Stargirl is good, but not even in the same ballpark. I think the difference between this and everything else is they aren’t trying to make it campy. Not even a little. It’s like they took the best things about the DCEU Superman, but dumped all the angst and negativity. They have made this the most serious Superman put on film without losing the optimism that is the characters hallmark.

Stargirl is good, but not even in the same ballpark. I think the difference between this and everything else is they aren’t trying to make it campy. Not even a little. It’s like they took the best things about the DCEU Superman, but dumped all the angst and negativity. They have made this the most serious Superman put on film without losing the optimism that is the characters hallmark.
Agreed. Campy is fine for some shows, but definitely not this one. And I agree. I love how Superman is cast in this show. I thought the Superman has a family dynamic would be cheesy and goofy, but it's navigating tough issues a lot of families face. There's a weightiness to the relationships and I really like dynamic between John and Natalie and Clark's family. Good stuff.

I'm pretty certain that DC/WB went to the CW and said "you fork this up and to HBO Max it goes."

I'm pretty certain that DC/WB went to the CW and said "you fork this up and to HBO Max it goes."
Lol, they should just go ahead and do that. I wouldn't mind a PG-13 to MA rated DC show. I get why it's marketed that way to the younger generation on CW, but there's definitely a market for shows geared towards adults who love comics and comics related live action shows.

I just watched it. It feels impossible that this show and currently PS2-cut scene-CGI level The Flash are produced for the same network. I can't wait to see
how they adapt Doomsday. How will he look? How close will it be to his comic debut? Looks faithful so far, but I don't think they're going to kill Clark in season 2, and they've shown a willingness to take things in new directions. I'm hoping we don't get what we did in Smallville and the human alter ego, but there's a ton of room to do him better than BvS did...we haven't gotten a great live action interpretation yet, in my opinion.

I just watched it. It feels impossible that this show and currently PS2-cut scene-CGI level The Flash are produced for the same network. I can't wait to see
how they adapt Doomsday. How will he look? How close will it be to his comic debut? Looks faithful so far, but I don't think they're going to kill Clark in season 2, and they've shown a willingness to take things in new directions. I'm hoping we don't get what we did in Smallville and the human alter ego, but there's a ton of room to do him better than BvS did...we haven't gotten a great live action interpretation yet, in my opinion.
Technically that wasn't the original Doomsday in BvS. Also, this show is excellent. I don't think there's been a dip in quality at all.

Great episode. My only thing...

I'm not sure I like the idea of Doomsday so soon. There's a lot in Superman's lore that could have been used before getting to Doomsday, who created the ultimate event in Superman's history. Hell, they could've expanded on last season and brought Supes in black. Doomsday, however, I'm not sure we're ready for that.

Last edited:

I'm not sure I like the idea of Doomsday so soon. There's a lot in Superman's that could have been used before getting to Doomsday, who created the ultimate event in Superman's history. Hell, they could've expanded on last season and brought Supes in black. Doomsday, however, I'm not sure we're ready for that.
While I tend to agree, this show earned my trust with season 1. I will let things play out first.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Doomsday so soon. There's a lot in Superman's lore that could have been used before getting to Doomsday, who created the ultimate event in Superman's history. Hell, they could've expanded on last season and brought Supes in black. Doomsday, however, I'm not sure we're ready for that.
I lean towards how you feel but at the same time, season 1 was so great that I think we're ready for anything in season 2.

I lean towards how you feel but at the same time, season 1 was so great that I think we're ready for anything in season 2.
Yeah, I'm actually going back through season 1 because my wife hasn't seen it yet and she's really enjoying it.

And to me, viewing it a second time just reminds me what a quality show it's been from the word go.

Ok. So about this statement... Forget I said it. Thanks.

BIZARRO.

The old bait and switch. Or not. We'll see where they go with this. He may undergo some changes as the season goes.

BIZARRO.

The old bait and switch. Or not. We'll see where they go with this. He may undergo some changes as the season goes.
Before the episode aired, I read an article predicting this reveal.
They mentioned the Superdoom comic. That's also why he was having the visions and no one else, similar to Nebula in Endgame. What I want to know is why he was so huge in that suit, unless his body has been altered as well.

Before the episode aired, I read an article predicting this reveal.
They mentioned the Superdoom comic. That's also why he was having the visions and no one else, similar to Nebula in Endgame. What I want to know is why he was so huge in that suit, unless his body has been altered as well.
I was also thrown by the size of the suit vs. what was underneath. The confrontation while in the suit was amazing, then they revealed the face bit and I was only focused on the glowing eyes and a humanoid face and didn't really notice that it was the same face as Superman, albeit damaged. It wasn't until General Lane mentioned "this bizarre version of you running around" that it clicked. Then the full reveal complete with backwards S. Also couldn't make out exactly what he said in the Fortress except for "mom." So I'm guessing his Fortress has Lara instead of Jor-El and he's looking for her, which fits because we just met her in Morgan Edge's Fortress.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom