Superman & Lois - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Episode 1 is in the books. Really enjoyed it. I'm pretty easy to please with Superman, though.

Non-spoiler thoughts:
  • It's got a "bigger" feel to it than other CW shows. It's closer to movie quality than TV quality. It's Superman, but totally different than Smallville was back in the day. It also feels different than the Flash, too.
  • The effects are not bad at all, for a TV show.
  • I mostly dig the costume. I'm not 100% on it, but it doesn't look bad.
  • I liked the nod to Donner and Siegel / Shuster on the chalkboard in the background early on in the episode.
  • I REALLY liked the Fleischer costume at the beginning of the episode.
  • I need a touch of John Williams Superman theme at some point in this, but not sure if that's gonna happen.
  • No problem with Pa Kent's death, but Ma Kent, too? Damn, that's a bit of a departure.
  • Was totally expecting Jonathan to be the one with powers, not Jordan. There's still time for him to get powers, though.
  • And Captain Luthor?!? Is that Lex? It's gotta be Lex, right?

Last edited:

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Cox screwed me over and didn't record at the beginning so I have to download it and watch it like that.

Brock Meaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very impressed by the pilot. It was incredibly high quality in most departments. The test will be future episodes to see if it starts to “feel” like CW shows (ie: cheaper VFX, tired storylines). But I’m fully onboard at this point. I love Tyler Hoechlin’s Clark and Superman.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
Cox screwed me over and didn't record at the beginning so I have to download it and watch it like that.
I don't think it was Cox. I tried to watch over the air with an antenna. At 8pm, WNOL just started airing the CW's live feed with, what I assume was the last 30 mins of the pilot. They may have eventually corrected it, but I only watched about ten minutes before I realized what they did and shut it off in disgust. I think it is supposed to air again on one of the channels I have on YTTV. I'll either watch the recording or find it online.

Which brings me to my rant for the evening. Why does this affiliate pre-empt these shows by an hour to air Modern Family reruns? In just about every other market this came on at 7 CST.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I'm still going through the pilot, but I'm a little off on one thing...

I thought Jon was the only biological child and the other child was the one they took with the from the planet that was destroyed. Was everything just retconned on us?

Am I asking a question that will be answered by the time I'm done with this?

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I thought Jon was the only biological child and the other child was the one they took with the from the planet that was destroyed. Was everything just retconned on us?

Seems like they've changed the story in that regard. At least that what it looks like from episode 1.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure the kid from Krypton was their only child and then the Crisis rebooted them with 2 teenagers.

fred8615

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
  • I liked the nod to Donner and Siegel / Shuster on the chalkboard in the background early on in the episode.
I noticed the blackboard too, but couldn't place "Dr. Donner." 🤔
  • No problem with Pa Kent's death, but Ma Kent, too? Damn, that's a bit of a departure.
In the original comic, both died within weeks of each other of a mysterious illness. In the John Byrne reboot both are alive. In the movies, they have Pa die, but not Ma for some reason.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Bumping because this show deserves to be discussed in its own thread.

Two really cool twists in this week's episode.
Agreed on the thread piece. Watching now. Lois needs more meat on her bones. She is skinnnnn-nnny.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
I'm calling it now...
Edge is Zod.

Brock Meaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm calling it now...
Edge is Zod.
I'm kind of hoping he's someone else. We've seen Zod a whole bunch at this point. This is someone I've seen it speculated he could be:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom