Supplemental Draft (1 Viewer)

tomdda

Le Grande Fromarge
Reaction score
The supplemental draft will be held this Thursday. I think the Saints should strongly consider putting in a 3rd round bid for Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon, 6' 3", 280 lbs. Sr. I won't bore you with an evaluation as a Google search will get you bunches of those with a few mouse clicks. Reports and evaluations have him being no later than a 2nd round pick next year if he were to be in the regular 2010 draft. I have not seen the draft order as it is different from the draft order from last April.

Yes, they would have to give up their 3rd pick in next April's draft, but not really because they would have used it 9 months early and the player would already have a season under his belt. A young stud DE is something this team could use and he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg financially or otherwise.

It might take a 2nd round bid to land Jarmon but I'm not sure I would bid that high. Thoughts?

i'd give up a 4th for him. seems to be a pretty good player and with the suspensions of Grant and Smith we need all the talent we can field.

I think we are fine at DE with Bobby McCray and Spicer.
I'd prefer a DT like Roy Miller, a 3rd round pick, our division buddies the Bucs just signed him, he's 6'1" 310 lbs :covermyeyes:

I'd be for it. I've read reports and heard scouts have said if he would have came back and had a productive senior year than he would have been a first round pick next year. And with his size he could play DT on pass situations.

I'd be for it. I've read reports and heard scouts have said if he would have came back and had a productive senior year than he would have been a first round pick next year. And with his size he could play DT on pass situations.

I don't think the Saints another big defensive end. They need a smaller guy who can get around the edge and get to the QB. This guy might be best suited for a 3-4 alignment lined up over the 5.

I think we are fine at DE with Bobby McCray and Spicer.
I'd prefer a DT like Roy Miller, a 3rd round pick, our division buddies the Bucs just signed him, he's 6'1" 310 lbs :covermyeyes:

i think SPicer will probably get a lot of his work at DT

We could use some better DEs, so I'm down for drafting the dude if he is good. Jarmon is the only one I even know about for the draft (thx NFL network) lol

We can find this thread on thursday, but i dont this dude goes for anything higher than a 5th.

Don't agree with you on this CajunSaint. Michael Lombardi said on NFL Network that he heard Jarmon would be taken as high as the 2nd round but NO LATER than the 5th. He could be wrong, but his info is usually pretty solid.

Don't agree with you on this CajunSaint. Michael Lombardi said on NFL Network that he heard Jarmon would be taken as high as the 2nd round but NO LATER than the 5th. He could be wrong, but his info is usually pretty solid.

Well again, we will see on thursday. But do you remember Manuel Wright? You know, the guy Nick Saban made cry? Well he was suppossed to have been this great steal as well.

Just saying, in recent history, teams just dont seem willing to invest high draft picks on questionable characters.

But again....we will see thursday and i will have no problem admitting that i am wrong...if i am!:hihi:

I remember when everyone wanted Paul Oliver as we were so thin at corner. He hasn't done a thing in San Diego. Sometimes there is a tendancy to overrate a prospect to match him with a need.

I'm with killah on this one, in our old read-and-react defense our DE's needed to be bigger so they could hold the edge, but in Williams new blitzing defense they need to be slightly smaller and faster, to get pressure on the QB. That's why I think guys like McCray and Hargrove can flurish in this system. Hopefully we don't spend a third round pick on him, a fourth maybe but I'm happy with the depth we have there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom