Support Teddy? (1 Viewer)

MisterCatfish

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Just a thought...

What if we give Teddy one regular season home game worth of support? There’s so much negativity based on what he’s shown in the preseason and 3 quarters of a road game against a team that just played in the super bowl.

I mean I get it, I’m not sold on him either, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to try and support the kid over a few tough games standing in for a hall of fame qb. The juxtaposition doesn’t do him any favors anyway. Is there any other QB in the league that wouldn’t get picked apart by this forum if they were standing in #9’s shoes?

Worst case scenario, you’re all right and he’s terrible, and nobody can say he never got a fair chance. Granted that might ruin his trade value but it’s been dropping anyway. Best case would be winning all of the games that Drew misses, making him the obvious successor, or helping him land a job elsewhere. So maybe we as a fan base get behind him, and that confidence helps him perform better. I don’t see any benefit of rattling our starting qb who looks like he already has confidence issues.

To be fair, this is coming from someone who lives in NC, and is seeing people burn Newton jerseys, the same ones who burned Delhomme jerseys and ran John Fox out of town, only to get the current dumpster fire. But I could spend all night talking about how fickel and non loyal Panther fans are.

Anyway maybe we just support the kid for a few games, and give him the best shot possible.

Don’t hurt me

I am sure there are a few wishing TB fails hard this Sunday just so they can come here and say "I told you so", just like there are a few hoping TB has a decent or better game to come call the others names.

But, I am sure the majority of people here want to see TB and the Saints do well, on any Sunday.

Everyone is hoping he goes out and lights it up. Some are skeptical that he can, but everyone is pulling for him to play well. It’s fair to be critical of what we’ve seen so far, but nobody’s trying to rattle him or is pulling for him to fail. We just want to see improvement. No one expects him to be Brees.

Just a thought...

What if we give Teddy one regular season home game worth of support? There’s so much negativity based on what he’s shown in the preseason and 3 quarters of a road game against a team that just played in the super bowl.

I mean I get it, I’m not sold on him either, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to try and support the kid over a few tough games standing in for a hall of fame qb. The juxtaposition doesn’t do him any favors anyway. Is there any other QB in the league that wouldn’t get picked apart by this forum if they were standing in #9’s shoes?

Worst case scenario, you’re all right and he’s terrible, and nobody can say he never got a fair chance. Granted that might ruin his trade value but it’s been dropping anyway. Best case would be winning all of the games that Drew misses, making him the obvious successor, or helping him land a job elsewhere. So maybe we as a fan base get behind him, and that confidence helps him perform better. I don’t see any benefit of rattling our starting qb who looks like he already has confidence issues.

To be fair, this is coming from someone who lives in NC, and is seeing people burn Newton jerseys, the same ones who burned Delhomme jerseys and ran John Fox out of town, only to get the current dumpster fire. But I could spend all night talking about how fickel and non loyal Panther fans are.

Anyway maybe we just support the kid for a few games, and give him the best shot possible.

Don’t hurt me

Completely behind him!

Staff and front office believe in him so I do.

We have been spoiled.

The whole rest of the team needs to help out. Can't get him behind on down an distance. No more stupid penalties.

For God sake I remember plenty of the past QBs and would have prayed for a guy like him before we won the Powerball with the Drew signing.

It is gonna be ok

Just a thought...

Don’t hurt me
He wears black and gold. I don't get how anyone could not support him and be a fan of the team.

I'm in.

Just a thought...

Just another thought...

Teddy doesn't read Saints Report, so our negative comments and/or undying support doesn't affect him or the outcome of games.

The more you know....

Just a thought...

Don’t hurt me

I'm gonna yell like heck for him when he plays, and I really hope he does well. It's better for the team if he does. The reason being that Hill can continue being the Swiss army knife and plug n play him wherever we need him. That doesn't work as well if he's behind center. It's tough to pick 2 tougher assignments though. Seattle, then Dallas. :covri:

I wish him the best, and hope his body language is better as well. We need a confident QB in there. Who dat! Go get em Teddy!

We have Teddy’s back. A full week’s worth of Payton game planning for Bridgewater will get the guy some confidence. Keep chopping wood, boys. Action in the face of adversity is what defines us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom