Luke McCown's carrer $ with New Orleans
2013 = $840,000
2014 = $920,000
2015 = $1,069,334
2016 = $1,500,000

Chase Daniel
2017 = $900,00

Teddy Bridgewater
2018 = Acquired from Jets who paid most of his earnings for the year.
2019 = $7,250,000

That shows what Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton think of Teddy Bridgewater.
That doesn't mean he's going to have success or become Drew's successor...
But I think it's a really strong clue that Coach Payton believes he could be the one.
And with that being said, he's going to get a much longer leash than many fans seem to think.
But why wouldn't he have signed TB to a 4 year deal that could have offset his $7 million cap hit if he believes he's the future?

I think he believes that TB is a former starter who's been to the playoffs and was willing to play one more season as a backup. That's the best you can hope for in a backup QB.

ETA: If Drew comes back next year, I really doubt TB will be back, especially if he puts up an average to above average performance while Drew is out. I guarantee you the Jets wish they still had him right now. They have no QB.

I am sure there are a few wishing TB fails hard this Sunday just so they can come here and say "I told you so", just like there are a few hoping TB has a decent or better game to come call the others names.

But, I am sure the majority of people here want to see TB and the Saints do well, on any Sunday.

Oh absolutely. There’s a few screen names that come to mind. While I don’t think Teddy is the future. I’d love for him to be successful enough to keep us afloat or even ahead record wise while Drew is recovering.

Of course we support any QB under center for the Saints.

My question is not one of support but just what is Teddy's game? Anyone really know that has watched him thru the years? He doesn't seem to be a runner. Does he like the deep ball? Dink it around? As long as the team scores points with him I don't care how they go about it.

These threads will disappear in 2 weeks, and be replaced by "Start Taysom Now" threads... LOL

He’s our starter - I fully back him. A couple things I would like to see going forward:

1. Better body language. Maybe this comes from experience and confidence. When Drew goes in the huddle, it doesn’t matter if we are down by 3 scores or what. Everyone truly believes that he will lead us to victory. Teddy needs to bring that swagger. The only time I saw Drew dejected was in the press conference after this last game when being asked about his thumb. I would hope/imagine that Teddy has received that feedback and is work8ng on his body language.

2. Reading defenses/know where everyone should be. I am not sure if reading defenses is the problem or if it just a comfort thing with the receivers, but they need to get more in sync. This may also be a function of comfort and knowing exactly how a receiver will react to the positioning of the coverage. The fortunate thing is that we have a really good o-line, and that should give him some time and maybe help build that comfort. I am not expecting him to get to the level of Drew. I think Drew could go through is pre-snap reads, close his eyes for the rest of the play and probably still complete greater than 50% of his passes. But TB need to be at the point where he goes through his progressions like second nature.

I think TB has a very good arm. And I really think the body language and receiver sync will improve. And I truly believe that Teddy will get us through these 6 games in better shape than most people expect. I am going to enjoy it when the Saints beat down on the Cowboys with our backup QB. Dak sure better get his money before that game.

Go Saints!

WDFL

To paraphrase Dick Vermeil:

“We will rally around Teddy Bridgewater and we will play good football “

I will ALWAYS support the 11 guys on the field wearing black and gold. Always.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom