Support Teddy? (1 Viewer)

I want him to do well because we need to win as many games as possible while Brees is out.
The defense, running game, and special teams all need to step up and support him as well. The RBs need to find and hit the holes, receivers have to stop dropping passes, punt/kick coverage needs to be solid, and the secondary has to be better.

Just another thought...

Teddy doesn't read Saints Report, so our negative comments and/or undying support doesn't affect him or the outcome of games.

The more you know....

I was waiting for you....Maybe not, but I feel like the overall mood towards him is negative, or at least lacking confidence. It’s apparent on social media and the networks too, which I’m sure he can’t escape.

The more you know lol. Perhaps you could learn from the wise old owl who lives in an oak. The more he saw the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. What can we learn from this wise old bird?

I was waiting for you....Maybe not, but I feel like the overall mood towards him is negative, or at least lacking confidence. It’s apparent on social media and the networks too, which I’m sure he can’t escape.

The more you know lol. Perhaps you could learn from the wise old owl who lives in an oak. The more he saw the less he spoke. The less he spoke, the more he heard. What can we learn from this wise old bird?

If the internet or the media’s negative comments can rattle him, he’s not a professional. He should be focused on the game plan, watching film, and practicing.

I punched that owl in the face. He didn’t learn much.

We always knew Brees would be a tough act to follow. None of us expected it after Week 2 of our revenge year though. Hopefully, Drew is back as soon as possible, but in the meantime, we should enjoy this ride and use as a reminder of how we good we have it with Drew.

Payton will put Teddy in situations to be successful. I suspect Payton has spent some time in the off-season developing for this very scenario. He would not have pursued Teddy so heavily without one. There's nothing Payton loves more than proving people wrong especially with his back to the wall. He will have this team fired up and ready to go against the Seahawks.

Let's not forget this may be the most talented Saints roster from top to bottom we have ever seen.

I'm 100% behind Teddy... not because I think HE'S THE MAN! but because I know he's our QB. The reality is, we don't know what he can do and it's very possible we'll still be wondering after the Seattle game. One game doesn't make a player. Neither does two or 3. It's a long line of games that ends up defining a career.

The ONLY silver lining in this (and it's a thin one) is that Sean Payton will get to see if he is correct in believing Teddy is the future. Because whether you agree or not, that's what our coach has pushed all his chips in on. He believes Teddy is the future. If you have any doubt... just look at what Teddy is being paid compared to past "back-up-insurance" QBs have made in the SP era. When this is over and Drew is back under center, there will be very little doubt as to whether or not Teddy is our guy.

I think he could be that guy. Why? Sean Payton... Sean is going to go all in to make this work. I don't think any of us believe that he's not going to do everything in his power to put Teddy in a position to win going forward. This is HIS name on the line.

Chances of hitting on a rookie or "unproven" vet QB in the NFL? it's really close to zero. And yet Bridgewater is the man that SP believes in. Well, that's why he makes the big bucks. We are about to see... and SP is about to see... if the offensive genius head football coach of the New Orleans Saints OR the fans/media are correct.

Whoever plays. I hope we support. What don't want and I'm afraid we will see, is a hostile reaction when he takes the field in the Dome, if he has another bad game in Seattle.

Just another thought...

Teddy doesn't read Saints Report, so our negative comments and/or undying support doesn't affect him or the outcome of games.

The more you know....

Not saying him specifically, but I think you'd be shocked if you knew who all reads Saints Report.

Not saying him specifically, but I think you'd be shocked if you knew who all reads Saints Report.

You are correct. Cam Jordan actually PM's me that I misspelled "poll" as pole in a poll I put up once in a Dan Arnold posts about his good friend "Coach Pete".

By the way...
@Joodas Avila is really Thomas Morstead
@sammymvpknight is the REAL Daenerys Targaryen
@ELLIASJWILLIAMS is Tommylee Lewis
@TribuneUK is actually your 7th grade history teacher
@Slaw (formerly SaintAce) is also your 7th grade history teacher
@st dude really DOES have a dot in him name (it's just silent)
@60minutes is Sean Payton
@BoNcHiE IS Mickey Loomis
@insidejob is a shared account between Zack Strief and Jon Vilma
@Swimmer is the dog in his profile picture (also Dan Arnold)
@Madmarsha isn't really mad... just a little perturbed
@AARPSaint is in his mid-20's
@guidomerkinsrules is Meagan Payton
@NOFALCONS10 is Jeff Ireland (always bouncing ideas of young draft candidates to "get the pulse" of whodatnation)
@superchuck500 is a pawn-broker in Kentucky
@RedJem is Chuck Norris' sister
@Super44 is Jr. Gallete
and I'm actually the Janitor (sorry I've been slippin' lately)

...I could go on.

Last edited:
The ONLY silver lining in this (and it's a thin one) is that Sean Payton will get to see if he is correct in believing Teddy is the future. Because whether you agree or not, that's what our coach has pushed all his chips in on. He believes Teddy is the future.
You believe that. None of us knows if it's true or not.

If he believed that sincerely, he would have signed TB to more than a one year deal and wouldn't be calling Hill "The Steve Young of the future" or whatever. When he says Drew's successor is in the building, I have to believe he thinks it's Hill. Hill looked really bad last preseason when he didn't know the offense at all (We signed him in the middle of camp and he played against the ones - according to another member in preseason game three which I just don't remember - and looked really bad). This year, he showed he's not just a running QB. And splitting time in meetings with WRs, TEs, etc., he knows more about this offense than anyone besides Payton and Brees and I think that has a lot to do with his leap from last year to this year as a pocket passer. He doesn't just know the routes, he knows how to run them himself.

Luke McCown's carrer $ with New Orleans
2013 = $840,000
2014 = $920,000
2015 = $1,069,334
2016 = $1,500,000

Chase Daniel
2017 = $900,00

Teddy Bridgewater
2018 = Acquired from Jets who paid most of his earnings for the year.
2019 = $7,250,000

That shows what Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton think of Teddy Bridgewater.
That doesn't mean he's going to have success or become Drew's successor...
But I think it's a really strong clue that Coach Payton believes he could be the one.
And with that being said, he's going to get a much longer leash than many fans seem to think.

I totally support Teddy. He's the QB this week.

Vegas doesn't even know what to do with this game. Well, now they do. It was off the board still at one point yesterday but as of this morning, I just saw Seattle -4.5. Considering the home team gets spotted 3 just for being at home, Vegas thinks they're 1.5 points better than us on a neutral field. Hopefully Payton gets the entire offense's mind right. The line needs to do better in run blocking too. It wasn't just the pass blocking. 2.9 ypc ain't going to cut it in any game. We get that rolling and we'll be able to throw the ball with much more success.

As long as we can get the running game going, it'll open up the passing game and do wonders for TB's confidence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom