Suprising Saints Pick (1 Viewer)

Links not showing due to asterisks.

Maybe this site isn't allowed

i like round 5. jacob hester the steal of the draft. he is the new wes welker i will bet anyone here that.

I can see where they got their name; I was saying that to myself every word of that mockery.

The funny thing is, the players havent even begun to improve there stock yet, so if Lofton pulls off a 4.3 or 4.4 in his pro day he could sky rocket...the draft is based on potential, there is no reason Lofton couldnt be a top 10 pick, because its really based on potential, if a guy coming into the season can be the consensus number one then after all the pointing and proding all of a sudden fall to the 20's ( Brady Quinn) then a guy like Patrick Willis, pulls off a 4.3 and all of a sudden they look at his highlights a little differently than before....it could happen to Lofton to......thats all i'm saying.

I just wanna assemble a good crop of draft picks for this team, I could care less who thinks who is a could pick at what spot, I just dont want us picking spots that are already filled, simply because they were the best player available, we have been ignoring key spots for to many years now, lets target players and move up or down to secure them, be aggresive, even if that means you come out of the draft with 5 players instead of 7.

after looking over his 5 rounds, I liked his draft, he had us taking to many offensive players after the first 2 rounds, but all the other teams he was meeting there needs and it made sense.

Saints:

1st rd: Curtis Lofton (MLB Oklahoma)
2nd rd: Pat Sims (DT Auburn)
3rd rd: JerMichael Finley (TE Texas)
4th rd: DJ Hall (WR Alabama)
5th rd: Jacob Hester (FB LSU)

We didnt address the Corner at all, but that could of been addressed in FA (in his mind) so not a bad draft on his part.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? No corners? Some of these players should go much higher, some much lower. Strange mock; but thanks for the link. It was entertaining.

Is Cromartie on there and I'm just missing him?

If we believe that Lofton is the best LB'er in the draft then I don't have any problem with us taking him @ #10. We can't afford to miss out on someone we believe is a future star just because someone doesn't think it's a value pick.

i like round 5. jacob hester the steal of the draft. he is the new wes welker i will bet anyone here that.

Why because he will catch over a 100 balls and be a probowl type player. Or is it because he just has intangibles?

ok i call him wes welker b/c of the impact he has had on the team. i put hester as a kevin faulk welker impact player.

he can block on the oline, the good thng about that is he is a quick guy not fast but good enough to be in the screen game. he is another weapon that can get open for brees.

i have said earlier i was a critic of p thomas but when i saw he take on blocks standing up not diving for the knees i knew he was a keeper. imagine hester and thomas in the backfield who can catch and give protection and colston reggie and meachem out in the secondary?

brees will have great pass blocking but we all we need now is run blocking. i think having another weapon out the backfield is paramount.

Right now...

I'd be happier if we reached and took Curtis Lofton at #10, than if we took any of the available CBs there.

Why? Because the chances of Lofton being a very solid-to-very good NFL player are much higher IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom