Surgery, 7am tomorrow to repair Achilles...dont really (1 Viewer)

i played league last year until i ruptured my plantar fascia - a few weeks ago playing old man pick up game, i thought for sure i tore my calf muscle
- now it feels heeled and guess which dumb *** is going back out this sunday?

it sucks- we can't train for this anymore- there's one day to go out and run around for 2 hours pretending we're still 20. of course we're going to get hurt
but the alternative is not appealing either:aargh:

funny...i had a convo with a friend who i played with growing up the day i ruptured it. I was explaining to him that while my brain was operating at 100% ( seeing passes, runs, space , shots etc ) i noticed a slight delay between my brain thinkin and telling my legs to do and it actually happening. It was maddening. I was slowly getting accustomed to this minimal delay, then this. He knew about the week before injury and i had told him that we have 2 games left and in a joking manner i told him "i aint goin out like no sucka".

well, yes i did.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

thanks!

and she's compensated quite well....my word, the anesthesiologist charge is almost 75% of the surgeons charge. But, hey when i wake up, i will pen the check myself.

In fairness, the surgery doesn't mean much if you don't wake up. :) Cost is directly related to liabilities. It is the American way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

In fairness, the surgery doesn't mean much if you don't wake up. :) Cost is directly related to liabilities. It is the American way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

which is why i will personally cut the $1500 check to the anesthesiologist upon me opening eyes. lol.

No i totally get it.

I just shoulda went to school for it. :ezbill:

Good Luck.... Don;t know what else to say...

Joe

know what to expect regarding general anesthesia. Lil spooked since this will be my first experience regarding any sort of surgery.

Procedure, doc said, will be 30 min tops ( not doing grafting or major suturing ) - my tendon has actually begun mending on own, but he felt a "defect" where the mending is and wants to be sure both ends are matching up properly. He also wants to be sure that its not scar tissue taking up where ligament should be ( reduces tendon strength and increases re-rupture chances ) So basically he is doing a 2 inch cut and putting a few sutures in the mend to make sure the ends are lined up properly.

Anyone ever had this done? Or general anesthesia for that little of time?

I attempted to offer to numb my leg from knee down, but he said no go. too many nerves in the area and if I move while he is in there, could damage them.

I've had some form of general anesthesia twice. Once was for about 2 hours for my wisdom teeth and the other was for about 1 minute for a quick bone marrow biopsy. I actually never passed out for that quick one, I just felt really drunk. I think they didn't properly evaluate my drinking record. ;)

You'll be fine. You'll feel a prick, then they'll eventually inject the stuff and you'll be night night within seconds.

I've had a couple of pieces of minor surgery. I felt slightly dizzy the next day but that was all.

The one thing I thought was amazing was how quick it hits you.

The doc gave me an injection and told me by the time I counted to 10 I'd be out cold. I don't think I even got to 4.....

Oh, I'll say that usually if there is a complication it's from vomiting. Dont' eat anything before the suergery for at least 6-8 hours. Also, they might tell you to drink a glass of water right before you go in. That way if you do puke a little, it will be water coming up, not stomach acid.

I never had a problem with this, mind you.

well i just got off phone w/ pre-op questions.

My doc said 30 min procedure....she said "well he booked u for 90". lol I know why he said 30....so i wouldnt chicken out.

eff it...give me some Versed

You do have a living will drawn up, right?
:scratch:
Man Dies After Wisdom Teeth Removed - ABC News
<iframe id="kaltura_player_1365119316" height="221" width="392" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/1_7l6qmxp1/uiconf_id/3775332/st_cache/4326?referer=http://abcnews.go.com/Health/video/young-tech-wiz-dead-wisdom-teeth-surgery-18869690&amp;autoPlay=false&amp;addThis.playerSize=392x221&amp;freeWheel.siteSectionId=nws_offsite&amp;closedCaptionActive=true&amp;">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</iframe>
<div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;">
<a href="http://abcnews.go.com/video">Watch More News Videos at ABC</a>
|
<a href="http://abcnews.go.com/technology">Technology News</a>
|
<a href="http://abcnews.go.com/entertainment">Celebrity News</a>
</div>

The only issue is that some people are aware of the surgery taking place even though they are "under". They can feel the pain and the procedure but are paralyzed and unable to communicate. Some studies suggest it happens in like 10% of the time. The condition is called unintended intra-operative awareness.

Other than that, you will not remember a thing. Things will get dark real quickly and then you wake up shivering in a recovery room like a side of beef at a slaughter house.

Good luck. Hope you have a quick recovery.

The only issue is that some people are aware of the surgery taking place even though they are "under". They can feel the pain and the procedure but are paralyzed and unable to communicate. Some studies suggest it happens in like 10% of the time. The condition is called unintended intra-operative awareness.

remind me not to seek you out to comfort me before surgery. :hihi:

Good luck Efil, you will be fine and chatting about unimportant **** with us tomorrow evening.:9:

know what to expect regarding general anesthesia. Lil spooked since this will be my first experience regarding any sort of surgery.

Procedure, doc said, will be 30 min tops ( not doing grafting or major suturing ) - my tendon has actually begun mending on own, but he felt a "defect" where the mending is and wants to be sure both ends are matching up properly. He also wants to be sure that its not scar tissue taking up where ligament should be ( reduces tendon strength and increases re-rupture chances ) So basically he is doing a 2 inch cut and putting a few sutures in the mend to make sure the ends are lined up properly.

Anyone ever had this done? Or general anesthesia for that little of time?

I attempted to offer to numb my leg from knee down, but he said no go. too many nerves in the area and if I move while he is in there, could damage them.

i can't comment on your type of surgery..but don't worry about going under..i have had 8 surgeries so far..i had a problem just once..woke up(non ICU) with a very upset stomach/gagging. but i had major surgeries..something like what you are having done..only under for about 30 mins like a colonoscopy...ahh man..don't sweat it. nothing to worry about.

good luck brother..wish you well.

You should have requested valium for your nerves. Get the party started early.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom