Surgery, 7am tomorrow to repair Achilles...dont really (1 Viewer)

I've had 4 knee surgeries and a few. Other procedures. Nothing to it the anesthesia. These folks have it down. They'll barely knock you out and you'll wake up right after surgery not even knowing it happened. When they put the relaxant into your IV, you won't even care.

It's unusual for someone to have a catheter for a minor foot & ankle procedure.

I've never had one for anything minor. Maybe they want that ankle absolutely still for a little while. That's the only reason I could think of. You might be able to talk them out of it.

I've never had one for anything minor. Maybe they want that ankle absolutely still for a little while. That's the only reason I could think of. You might be able to talk them out of it.

Like jbourque realized it was a pain pump deal...the catheter was going to be in my leg, behind knee just next to nerve. So when pain med injected, it would b directly on nerve to deaden it.

But I gotta say, I have had to take a total of 4 ibuprofen since Friday. The pain was more soreness than anything, and that has subsided as of yesterday eve.

He doesn't want me driving til I see him Friday, so I will b carpooling to work. But so far, so good regarding pain/soreness.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Bump!

Getting my achilles fixed too on friday. MRI revealed a partial tear. I'll be in a boot for 6 weeks--doc says no driving that whole time since its my right foot. :mad: Not sure if he's just saying that because he's supposed to though.

Not achilles, but I found out today that I tore my ACL in my left knee for the third time. The surgery/pain etc. doesn't bother me. It's the 9 months of post op lack of sports that kills me.

So u didn't have surgery? Just let it heal on own?

Oh yeah I had surgery. That kind of injury doesn't heal on it's own. It was completely severed.

Bump!

Getting my achilles fixed too on friday. MRI revealed a partial tear. I'll be in a boot for 6 weeks--doc says no driving that whole time since its my right foot. :mad: Not sure if he's just saying that because he's supposed to though.

He is! Lol. Mine said same thing....I drove anyway. But I learned to brake with my left foot and gassed with my heel by pushing leg down. It is a liability issue tho.

I started PT today...foot is burning right now lol and all she did was massage to reduce fluid/swelling and about 20 min of lateral flex, toe flexes. But it was nice to finally feel my foot move after 7 weeks in cast. I have boot but still unable to put weight on foot just yet ..probably another 2 weeks til I get to do that.

Oh yeah I had surgery. That kind of injury doesn't heal on it's own. It was completely severed.

Per my doc I severed mine mid line (in the dead middle) which is easier to heal on own. Mine did start mending but there was slight defect and he wanted to b sure it wouldnt fill with scar tissue.

Not achilles, but I found out today that I tore my ACL in my left knee for the third time. The surgery/pain etc. doesn't bother me. It's the 9 months of post op lack of sports that kills me.

Welcome back to the "sleeping with leg elevated" club lol. Good luck ..I have a year before actual sporting activity

I hear you. My knees are at the point where I can't really ever play certain sports ever again (basketball and skiing for instance.) I thought I was safe with softball and thats how I tore my achilles. :mad:

What I didn't realize is that your calf muscles actually turn into your achilles tendon. My calf muscles never really got back where they should have after some lazy rehab after knee surgery. So they would tighten up really easily when I would run, which is probably what caused the achilles tear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom