Surprise Winston start next week? (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying it will happen, but it would be a very "Payton" move to surprise Atlanta by starting Jameis Winston next week after Atlanta has gone through a week of preparation for Hill.

If it happens people will be calling for him to be benched by the 3rd interception of the first half

Drew Brees will be coaching/teaching/supporting Taysom Hill all week... They will look at the tape together, Drew will show him what needs to be corrected, and they will work on it all week long.

I’m 99% certain Taysom Hill bounces back and plays his best game yet at QB in the rematch vs the Clowns. He will throw his first NFL TD pass, and I expect he will get 2-3 total.

All season, everyone has been wanting us to run the ball. We did that yesterday and put up 31 points on a pretty good Denver defense. Hill, despite his bad passes, put up two touchdowns with his legs. Not bad. He looked a little better in the later second half. Hill will come along. He's got good weapons and tools around him.

Na, I don't think TH can handle that type of psychological game.

No, but I do think Payton has Winston ready with a plan to put him in if Taysom looks bad again. I don’t think that was in the plan this week.

Let me present the following.

Just about everyone on this board was excited with the success Teddy had last season. He parlayed that success into a nice new contract with the Panthers. All said, he is 3-6 as a starter.

My point is. Trust in what Payton and staff see and know. If they truly believed Teddy was going to be the heir, does anyone believe Payton and Co. would have left him walk, and instead signed Hill? Think about it.

And just to be clear.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THE SAINTS HAVE THEIR HEIR ON THE ROSTER.

But Hill is the best short term answer.

No, but I do think Payton has Winston ready with a plan to put him in if Taysom looks bad again. I don’t think that was in the plan this week.

Honestly... I think “the plan” for Jameis is to only use him if the absolutely have to... They will sit on him and the only tape anyone will have to go on after the season, is the unimpressive performance he had vs the 49ers in the 2nd half.

Jameis is an UFA next offseason, and the less other teams see him, the better for the Saints. Payton may really like Jameis, I don’t know, but it’s in their best interest for the future for them to see where he’s at and nobody else. That increases the chances that the Saints could keep him if they want to.

Taysom Hill is the QB until Brees gets back.

I don’t think so, especially after a sophomore slump performance Hill had. You have to be fair to your new QB and let them continue to learn on the job and not feel like they can be yanked.

You also create a big team chemistry problem if Jameis does great.

Finally, one of my biggest critiques of Hill, that he needs to fix ASAP, is he is taking too many big hits on his scramble runs. He needs to learn how to avoid those and go down now that he is starter. He will get hurt if he does not and never last 16 games. So it is another reason to keep Jameis on bench so you don’t get him injured knowing Hill’s style of play may lead to him not making it whole season and uncertainty on Drew’s return.

Drew Brees will be coaching/teaching/supporting Taysom Hill all week... They will look at the tape together, Drew will show him what needs to be corrected, and they will work on it all week long.

I’m 99% certain Taysom Hill bounces back and plays his best game yet at QB in the rematch vs the Clowns. He will throw his first NFL TD pass, and I expect he will get 2-3 total.

Reality is often disappointing chief.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom