Surprises (1 Viewer)

Do you like surprises?

• Love both giving and receiving surprises!

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Love giving surprises only

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Love receiving surprises only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate surprises!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do you like surprises?

I don't mean someone grabbing you from behind in the dark (I hate that)

This is an example of what I mean.

I happen to find out that one of my girlfriend's favorite singers will be in town.

I buy tickets and tell her that we have plans on the weekend and it's a surprise.

I tell her what time where leaving, is it indoor or outdoor, what type of clothes to wear and roughly how long we'll be gone.

Other than that she has no clue until we show up at the concert. A complete surprise.

I love doing things like that for people. I love when people say they have a surprise for me.

What I absolutely hate is trying to guess the surprise. If you tell me you have a surprise for me I say, "Great!" and that's it. Not only do I not try to guess what the surprise is, I don't even think about it.

To me the point of a surprise is to be surprised.

My ex-girlfriend would say she had a surprise for me and get upset when I didn't try to play the guessing game. One time I did play, guessed exactly what the surprise was on my 3rd guess and she got mad at me!

And my ex couldn't take if I had a surprise for her. She couldn't take the suspense.

She would ask a million questions and a make a million guesses, every day. It got to the point that I didn't do any more surprises for her.

So this is a two-part question do you like giving and receiving surprises?

Last edited:
The best surprise I ever pulled off

Last edited:
Love surprises - wife hates them - she loses, I will never tell her ahead of time what the surprise is
I also loathe the idea of opening (bday, Xmas) presents early

And yeah the guessing thing sucks ESP when the guesser guesses something better

This is commercial is my life

I love giving surprises, can't stand receiving them. Partly because I hate not knowing stuff. Partly that I can't control or prepare for what's about to happen.

If you just tell me, I swear my reaction will be the same. Then I get the chance to build my own excitement towards the event.

If you spring it on me, I'll be too busy trying to process it rather than enjoying it.

I couldn't even play hide-n-seek properly. If I feel you getting close, I'll just jump out and give myself away. That's better than the anticipation of not knowing exactly when you'll discover me lol.

On the flip side, I won't drag out my surprises too long or hype them up too much. Do unto others and all.

fork no. i hate being surprised. on the other hand, my wife loved them, leaving me in a constant state of "oh sheet oh sheet" mode when it came down to any occasion.

my ideal surprise:

I once gave a GF a kitten and two tickets to see Cats at Saenger. The kitten turned into a female dog and Cats turned out to be what I should have expected. Intermission was nice though. The GF also turned into a female dog so I guess all was right in the world.

fork no. i hate being surprised. on the other hand, my wife loved them, leaving me in a constant state of "oh sheet oh sheet" mode when it came down to any occasion.

my ideal surprise:

We're opposite. Wife hates em. I love em. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom