Surprising Saints Statistics Through 2 Games (1 Viewer)

Special teams were dramatically improved w/ the additions of Young and Roby from game 1 to game 2. Jenkins made big plays in both games and that should continue. Morestead will only get better and more consistent w/ more games under his belt. STs are hard to practice for in PS, most guys playing ST in PS are no longer on the team. Thats league wide, there were 4-5 ST TDs on week 1 and very few, if any in week 2. I am confident we will be ok.

That's true, but the Eagles still broke a huge return once. It's something that we need to continue to improve upon or it will come back to bite us at some point.

Probably because you have played Stafford and Kolb. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

We are generally graceful to our opponents but when you come in here talking trash on your first post maybe you should start over.

We are generally graceful to our opponents but when you come in here talking trash on your first post maybe you should start over.

I'm not talking trash. LOL I'm stating the obvious, just like many others that watched the games.

The dude was talking about how many INT's you guys have and I just pointed out who those were against. One is a rookie, the other isn't much better.

If you guys continue to have those kind of INT #'s, I'll be the first to say congrats.

Right. At least one of the teams that we've played has won a game.

Yea and they (the Eagles) won that game against the one we just beat. I'm not sure that means a whole lot.

The Saints are a good team, no doubt... but I would curb the enthusiam a bit until you play some real teams... not ones that haven't won a game in a year and a half and the other without their starting QB and incredible DC.

I'm certainly not putting the Falcons in the superbowl just because we beat two division winners from last year (and handled them quite well, I might add).

Probably because you have played Stafford and Kolb. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

And yall played a winless Carolina with a HORRIBLE Delhomme, and still managed to win by just one score? As well as a winless Miami with noodle arm Pennington? We'd probably get six picks off Delhomme alone.

I'm not talking trash. LOL I'm stating the obvious, just like many others that watched the games.

The dude was talking about how many INT's you guys have and I just pointed out who those were against. One is a rookie, the other isn't much better.

If you guys continue to have those kind of INT #'s, I'll be the first to say congrats.

By the way, I like how your avatar changes back to its old self, dwindles down to nothing, then reappears. Kind of like never having two consecutive winning seasons.

Our scoring defense is a little misleading - we've allowed 49 points (24.5 average, good for 22nd overall), but that includes the fumble returned for a TD in the Lions game as well. Taking that away gives us a 21 PPG average... I'm not sure what the overall rank is there though. Anyway. Of course, Sharper's INT return brings down our offensive scoring average a bit too, but who cares.

Is it bad that the first thing I think of is "Man, if Carney's FG hadn't been blocked against the Lions, we'd be #1 all-time in scoring the first two weeks of the season!"?

Yea and they (the Eagles) won that game against the one we just beat. I'm not sure that means a whole lot.

The Saints are a good team, no doubt... but I would curb the enthusiam a bit until you play some real teams... not ones that haven't won a game in a year and a half and the other without their starting QB and incredible DC.

I'm certainly not putting the Falcons in the superbowl just because we beat two division winners from last year (and handled them quite well, I might add).

You're coming on to our message board, and telling us not to be excited about our team.

Why exactly should I listen to that?

By the way, I like how your avatar changes back to its old self, dwindles down to nothing, then reappears. Kind of like never having two consecutive winning seasons.

Not for long.

Btw, how does it feel to never make a superbowl appearance?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom