Survivor 19--WTH??? (2 Viewers)

I think it was just Galu getting revenge on Russell, they know he outplayed, outwitted and outlasted them when they had the numbers. It wasn't a vote FOR her, it was a vote AGAINST Russell.

That's probably just about perfectly accurate.

All of it is strategy. Her strategy worked for her...thank goodness. Kept me tuned in each week. :9:

CBS_SURVIVOR_1907_IMAGE_CIAN.jpg

I think it was just Galu getting revenge on Russell, they know he outplayed, outwitted and outlasted them when they had the numbers. It wasn't a vote FOR her, it was a vote AGAINST Russell.

Yes, very true. Unfortunately it only shows how lame they really are.

Still can't believe she won it. I think it was Erik's petty little rant. Russel owned them all. The one thing no one questioned her on was what the heck was she planning to do if she couldn't find coat tails to ride.
BINGO! I, like Russell, thought he had it in the bag. I have never seen anyone so competitive and so successful on the show, not even Richard Hatch. From day 1, he decided that he was going to mess with people, do unorthodox things, and do whatever it took to won. It worked too because was in power up until the jury vote. The odds that he and Foa Foa overcame were extraordinary. People knew what he was doing and still they let him hang around. How is that not admirable? He outlasted you, he outplayed you, and he most certainly outwitted you.

You mean to tell me that Erik has never lost or seen someone lose to someone who played dirty or lied or stole? This happens everyday. What rock of honor has he been living under?? Sour grapes for sure, and it makes him look like an even smaller man.

Russell was robbed, no doubt. There was no one more deserving on the jury. The closest was Brett, and he only would have won because his tribe made up the majority. It all came down to 2 things (I think): 1) Russell was already wealthy 2) He "got" all of them.

Galu = Losers

Missed that part. I'd take $100K for sure. There's being a competitor, and being smart.

If it meant keeping it out of Russel's hands, I would have refused even if he offered 1 Mil. I'm sure she felt the same. You shouldn't be able to buy victory, especially if your a dbag named Russel.

Still can't believe she won it. I think it was Erik's petty little rant. Russel owned them all. The one thing no one questioned her on was what the heck was she planning to do if she couldn't find coat tails to ride.

I can. You folks are missing something here. Russel owned them all.....in one sense. but he failed. You cant put all those people on the jury with them hating how you did it. That is part of the game. He failed miserably at that part. You also cant go around believing that everyone views things the way you do.

IMHO, this was more about voting against Russel as it was for her to win.

If it meant keeping it out of Russel's hands, I would have refused even if he offered 1 Mil. I'm sure she felt the same. You shouldn't be able to buy victory, especially if your a dbag named Russel.
Heh, nothing personal, but you = hater. It's a game. Taking it personally and making character judgments, especially when as you pointed out you only get edited footage, is completely off base.

I can. You folks are missing something here. Russel owned them all.....in one sense. but he failed. You cant put all those people on the jury with them hating how you did it. That is part of the game. He failed miserably at that part. You also cant go around believing that everyone views things the way you do.
I'm not missing that at all. We have no idea if Russel is a dbag or not; only that he played the game harder than anyone else. If he doesn't build up that animosity then he gets taken out sooner. To me the bottom line is people couldn't accept it and they were taking things personally refusing to give credit for outwitting, outlasting, and outplaying.

IMHO, this was more about voting against Russel as it was for her to win.
I totally agree here.

After the show, Probst wrote in his blog that Russell deserved to win and the bitter jury was voting against him, not for Natalie.

I'll take the opinion of the guy who has lived and breathed Survivor for the past 10 years.

He's gonna have to modify his game a little bit for the next one because they've all been through it before. The advantage he has is that none of them will have seen this season.

I disagree.

I was surprised but Jaison in an after interview said it best

"Russell was playing to get to be in the final tribal, but he never played to win the final tribal. He never bothered to work on getting votes."

Like it or not, it is part of the game in earning the votes. And he failed at it...by a large margin.

I disagree.

I was surprised but Jaison in an after interview said it best

"Russell was playing to get to be in the final tribal, but he never played to win the final tribal. He never bothered to work on getting votes."

Like it or not, it is part of the game in earning the votes. And he failed at it...by a large margin.
However, you can make the argument that he earned the votes and did everything necessary to win the game by outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting everyone.

Is it possible to really play the game (from the situation Russell was in being down 8-4 at the merge) without making a bunch of people bitter and spiteful? I don't think so. I do know that you can easily hide behind someone like Russell and get to the end and luck out.

However, you can make the argument that he earned the votes and did everything necessary to win the game by outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting everyone.

Is it possible to really play the game (from the situation Russell was in being down 8-4 at the merge) without making a bunch of people bitter and spiteful? I don't think so. I do know that you can easily hide behind someone like Russell and get to the end and luck out.

He may have outwitted but he didn't outplay if he didn't get the votes. Playing = vote getting.

Past seasons people have back stabbed but have handled it in ways that they were able to get votes. He just gloated too much, rubbed it in people's faces and was open about getting rid of people if they made him mad, not if it was the best thing for the tribe.

For such a brilliant guy who was destined to win, he seems pretty surprised, and pretty whiny about it.

As a master of the game, how did he NOT know the rule that you win by votes?

I can. You folks are missing something here. Russel owned them all.....in one sense. but he failed. You cant put all those people on the jury with them hating how you did it. That is part of the game. He failed miserably at that part.

Sorry, but he answered that question directly in front of the jury. He said that he lied to everyone, and Natalie and Mick didn't. But, they sat there patting him on the back and high-fiving him after each lie....so, their hands are just as dirty as his.

Sure, the jury hated Rusell for putting them there, but how could they not hate Natalie and Mick for the exact same reason?

Sure, the jury hated Rusell for putting them there, but how could they not hate Natalie and Mick for the exact same reason?

Then they outplayed Russell as they had him take all the bullets.

Jennifer Lyon, who earned fourth place on 'Survivor Palau,' died Tuesday at home in Oregon after a lengthy battle with breast cancer. She was 37.

"She had beaten it into remission once, but then it came back and was in her bones," 'Survivor: Micronesia' star Eliza Orlins told TVGuide.com. UsMagazine.com confirmed the sad news.

The former nanny was diagnosed with stage-three breast cancer two months after the tenth season of 'Survivor' wrapped in 2005. That year, she told PEOPLE about finding out about the cancer and how she was forced to get a bilateral mastectomy that summer.

Read More:
http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/20/survivor-star-jennifer-lyon-dies-of-breast-cancer/

I can't be the only one who saw Russell in the Dome on Saturday, can I?

Working my way around the Plaza before going up to my seats.
Literally ran into him around the Girod St. Endzone.

I said "Loved you on the Show"
He said "Thanks"

True story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom