Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains (1 Viewer)

Love them, or hate them, Rob and Russell truly know the games and the strategies behind them (at least at this point...as one could argue Russell blew the people / end game strategy in Season 19). Great editing by the producers as well.

Russell: Parv, I can give you the idol.

Rob: He's going to give the idol to Parv...3-3 is the way to go.

Russell: You know, Rob would go 3-3 if he is smart.

Rob: 3-3, it's set, stick to it.

Russell: Hey Tyson, I know Parv is gone man...I'm going to vote for her.

That was a great back and forth strategy scene I thought.

Love them, or hate them, Rob and Russell truly know the games and the strategies behind them (at least at this point...as one could argue Russell blew the people / end game strategy in Season 19). Great editing by the producers as well.

Russell: Parv, I can give you the idol.

Rob: He's going to give the idol to Parv...3-3 is the way to go.

Russell: You know, Rob would go 3-3 if he is smart.

Rob: 3-3, it's set, stick to it.

Russell: Hey Tyson, I know Parv is gone man...I'm going to vote for her.

That was a great back and forth strategy scene I thought.

Who did Tyson vote for anyway?

Who did Tyson vote for anyway?

Rob & Sandra voted for Russell

Tyson, Coach, Geri (sp?), and Courtney voted for Parvati

Russell, Parvati, & Danielle voted for Tyson

Tyson was supposed to vote for Russell which would have forced a 3-3-3 tie. Instead, Russell conned him into voting for Parvati.

For a bit there I thought Russell might have let it go to a 3-3-3 tie and then figure out how to play the idol.

For a bit there I thought Russell might have let it go to a 3-3-3 tie and then figure out how to play the idol.

If he lets it go to a tie, I don't think he can play the idol at that point. It would be silly to go thru all the hassle of more discussion and a revote, and have someone stand up and play the idol, nullifying it all.

If he lets it go to a tie, I don't think he can play the idol at that point. It would be silly to go thru all the hassle of more discussion and a revote, and have someone stand up and play the idol, nullifying it all.

It's still unclear to me if there would have been a revote or not. IIRC, in some seasons they've gone straight to games of chance on a tie vote. They certainly didn't make it clear what rules would be used this time, so that might have been on Tyson's mind.

It's still unclear to me if there would have been a revote or not. IIRC, in some seasons they've gone straight to games of chance on a tie vote. They certainly didn't make it clear what rules would be used this time, so that might have been on Tyson's mind.

they discussed it when they talked about changing the votes. They would vote 3-3, force the tie btween tyson and whoever didn't play the idol, then vote that person out on the revote. I assume the tiebreaking procedures were explained to them before it started.

Probst has explained the rules a few times on his EW blog (good reading if you get the chance).

In the case of a tie, when there are more than 4 players left, they discuss a bit, and revote, the tied players do not vote, and votes can only be cast for those players. If there is still a tie at that point, Jeff brings out the bag of death. Inside the bag are a collection of rocks, one of which is a different color. Everyone except the player with individual immunity and the players who were tied must draw a rock. Whoever draws the odd colored rock is eliminated.

If they are down to four players, they have a contest, lately it's been a fire making challenge to see who is eliminated.

They can't use the rock draw at four, because whoever had immunity and the two players with votes do not draw, which would only leave one player to draw a rock.

That's the reason you only see the contest for ties, because it's unusual for someone to be willing to risk their own life drawing a rock, while letting the people who got votes walk away clean. The revote was used last season, I think to get rid of Laura. They voted, had a tie, and someone flipped on the revote.

Last edited:
Villains are in trouble, they are a tribe of individuals and not a team anymore.

Coach is just silly in the way he tries to play this man of my word nonsense in a game founded in deception.

Coach is just silly in the way he tries to play this man of my word nonsense in a game founded in deception.

In theory, I kind of like the strategy. It makes him a valuable person to have on your side and bring to the top 3. The true 'threats' are the people willing to go back on their word. It also makes him a dangerous person to backstab and put on the jury, because you know he values honor over anything else, and that will be the main factor in his final vote.

That's a problem.....Problem 2 is when you claim to be a man of honor, and give your word to two opposing forces.....Problem 3 is when you do that, and don't honor either of them.

**SPOILER ALERT**
Gawd, I like almost don't even wanna watch anymore now that Rob's gone.

Btw, Coach is such a hypocritical dummy. There's no way you can ever win the game with his logic.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom