Survivor 41 (1 Viewer)

Where are you seeing that it starts tonight?
That article I linked said it in the preview I saw. Not sure how they did it, but it didn't air and won't until Sept.

Sorry about the bad info.

Gotcha. So we should check back on this thread in about three and half months.
Well...three and a half months has passed, and it starts tonight. To refresh everyone's memory, this season is going to be a departure from previous seasons. It's going to be significantly harder on the contestants

--No daily food staples. The tribes will not start with a bag of rice, as they have before. They will have to forage for food.
--Food rewards will be smaller. I'm not sure what they mean by smaller, but if you go back and watch the first few seasons, the food rewards back then were so much less than they have been recently. I seem to recall one team winning a food reward, and earning a slice of pizza. On slice...for the tribe to share.
--The season was only 26 days long instead of 39. What I assume from this is that they removed the day off in each segment. Previously only Survivor, each segment (episode) consisted of a day off, a day with a reward challenge, and a day with an immunity challenge and tribal council. I assume now that each segment will simply be a day with a reward challenge and a day with an immunity challenge and tribal council.

Some other things:
--No theme to the show. Gone (for now at least, and perhaps forever) are the days of "Millenials vs GenX," "Men vs Women," "Brain vs Brawn vs. Beauty," "Haves vs Have Nots." It will simply be tribes of people competing.
--Jeff will apparently appear and break the fourth wall from time to time. The example that was given was if a player finds some kind of special power or item, we will see a cut scene of Jeff explaining to us at home what it is, how it works, and how to use it.
--There will be some kind of "play at home" game. I don't know if it will be for some type of prize or anything, but there will be a way for the viewers to compete, or solve some kind of puzzle.
--There will be a penalty for losing an immunity challenge (beyond having to vote someone out). If your tribe loses the immunity challenge, you will lose your flint until the next challenge.
--I heard that the final votes were actually read out on the island, instead of holding on to them until the reunion show.
--According to an article I just read this afternoon, Jeff teased a new twist for this season. It's called "The Shot In The Dark." In short, a player who thinks they are in trouble, they can sacrifice their vote, and take a 50/50 shot at being safe/not safe. How, exactly that will work, we'll have to wait and see.

I was going to update the OP, but there's no option to edit or even delete the thread and restart.

Thanks for bumping as I'd completely forgotten!

Well...three and a half months has passed, and it starts tonight. To refresh everyone's memory, this season is going to be a departure from previous seasons. It's going to be significantly harder on the contestants

--No daily food staples. The tribes will not start with a bag of rice, as they have before. They will have to forage for food.
--Food rewards will be smaller. I'm not sure what they mean by smaller, but if you go back and watch the first few seasons, the food rewards back then were so much less than they have been recently. I seem to recall one team winning a food reward, and earning a slice of pizza. On slice...for the tribe to share.
--The season was only 26 days long instead of 39. What I assume from this is that they removed the day off in each segment. Previously only Survivor, each segment (episode) consisted of a day off, a day with a reward challenge, and a day with an immunity challenge and tribal council. I assume now that each segment will simply be a day with a reward challenge and a day with an immunity challenge and tribal council.

Some other things:
--No theme to the show. Gone (for now at least, and perhaps forever) are the days of "Millenials vs GenX," "Men vs Women," "Brain vs Brawn vs. Beauty," "Haves vs Have Nots." It will simply be tribes of people competing.
--Jeff will apparently appear and break the fourth wall from time to time. The example that was given was if a player finds some kind of special power or item, we will see a cut scene of Jeff explaining to us at home what it is, how it works, and how to use it.
--There will be some kind of "play at home" game. I don't know if it will be for some type of prize or anything, but there will be a way for the viewers to compete, or solve some kind of puzzle.
--There will be a penalty for losing an immunity challenge (beyond having to vote someone out). If your tribe loses the immunity challenge, you will lose your flint until the next challenge.
--I heard that the final votes were actually read out on the island, instead of holding on to them until the reunion show.
--According to an article I just read this afternoon, Jeff teased a new twist for this season. It's called "The Shot In The Dark." In short, a player who thinks they are in trouble, they can sacrifice their vote, and take a 50/50 shot at being safe/not safe. How, exactly that will work, we'll have to wait and see.

Mccray played for LSU didn't he?

I think Survivor is trying too hard to be socially relevant in everything. Not that what they are trying to bring about is a good thing but they make it so obvious that they are trying to be a trend setter it comes across as too planned out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom