d3cyph3r

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Survivor Bowl XX - A Saintsreport 20 year tradition
survivorbowl.oliviasheart.org -
Registration will continue until the an hour before Game 1 Thursday September 10 at 7:20PM CST.

use the same log-in as last year. if you forgot the password, use the forgot password feature!

Thanks to our Survivor Bowl Staff: jread2 and d3cyph3r

*Pick a winner (no point spread involved) of any NFL game during week 1. your username/password. If problems arise on the main website, you can place your pick w/n this very thread.
*If the team you selected wins their week 1 game, you continue to week 2. If your team of choice lost their week 1 battle, you have been pigskinned from SURVIVOR BOWL already and should be ashamed of yourself!
*A team may only be selected once during the season to win their game(exp. if you pick the Saints in week 1, you may not select the Saints again for the remainder of the SURVIVOR BOWL )
*You continue in the SURVIVOR BOWL until a loss (or tie) is suffered, then you're out of the pool. YES, TIES ARE LOSSES!
*A winning pick must be in before the very last game starts for that week or you will be pigskinned.
*Picks selected in the thread will supersede what is entered in the system. The official record for your pick will be in the thread if they system has an error, or some other mishap. Just notify jread2 or d3cyph3r by a PM to update it.
*Any pick not submitted by any of the deadlines set within the rules posted each week will be considered a loss and the contestant will be eliminated from SURVIVOR BOWL
*The game will continue until one contestant remains.
*If all remaining contestants are eliminated in the same week, the contest will consist of a tiebreaker. The highest point total from all picks combined will win!
*If the regular season ends with no outright winner, the winner of the main pool will be chosen by the total number of points scored by each team you chose to win in their chosen game.

SURVIVOR BOWL CHAMPIONS:
I DavidM
II CliffBurton
III Harvey Honet
IV Sloth
V Jlroby69
VI Pure Energy
VII 62 DEFENSE
VIII IrishSaint
IX Wahoo
X KebCam
XI SaintReggie
XII - Garvatron
XIII - Seve
XIV - Smith
XV - 62 Defense (first 2 time winner)
XVI - tonytiger436
XVII - send-them-all (legacy winner of 62 Defense family)
XVIII - jayd265
XIX - cajunjoeysaint
XX - you?

Last edited:

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Wow! That was quick! And to think that I changed my pick from the Ravens to the Colts during the week wanting to save the Ravens for later and thinking the Colts were pretty much a sure thing. LOL!
That's a mistake I made the first year or 2. I'd try to save teams for later in the year. That never worked out so I started taking what I thought was the sure thing every week and seem to make it further. It does make late in the year tricky when you get down to picking between cleveland vs jets or something like that.

GrayMatter78

aka Klenzade
Staff member
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Right now, it seems like a good strategy is to just pick whomever is playing the Jets.

OP
d3cyph3r

d3cyph3r

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't stress enough that if the site is having a problem or you can't login for some reason. Send a pm to myself or JRead2 and let us know your problem and your pick. Also post your pick in here if all else fails.

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't stress enough that if the site is having a problem or you can't login for some reason. Send a pm to myself or JRead2 and let us know your problem and your pick. Also post your pick in here if all else fails.
I want to affirm what was said above. Going forward, please do as @d3cyph3r asks. Contact either him or @JRead2 if you encounter problems on the Survivor site. A selection posted here with a valid timestamp will count as well. Please do not contact the moderating staff.

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
i hadnt clicked this thread since i went out week 1. i was hoping ya'll would all be gone. :banghead: i love and hate survivor bowl so much.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Right now, it seems like a good strategy is to just pick whomever is playing the Jets.
Or the Giants.

Without Barkley, Danny Dimes is toast (er, more toast).

No way the Rams lose, especially after that gut wrenching loss to the Bills.

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m new to this, but how does scoring work? Are you awarded more points for picking a winner that fewer people choose? Or, are you awarded more points for being the first person to pick a winner?
Points are awarded by how many points the team you selected and survived with won the game by. If the team you selected survived you are awarded points equal to the winning margin. This will be used as a tiebreaker if for some crazy reason the regular season ends and there are two or more participants still alive. I wouldn't worry about it as this is highly unlikely to ever happen. Just keep picking who you think will be a straight-up winner every week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom