Survivor Bowl XXI - Continuing the Tradition (1 Viewer)

JRead2

Hades is frozen.
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Survivor Bowl XXI - A Saintsreport 21 year tradition

The old site, managed by d3cyph3r, has been retired. We now have a new site, https://survivorbowl.net, and Andrus is graciously allowing us to host it on the Saintsreport web server. Getting it moved over did take quite a few code changes, as the old site used some older code that was not supported on this newer server. I think I have all the coding worked out, but if you run into any issues, let me know here in this thread, or by private message.

We used a temporary site for weeks 1 & 2 of this season, and all picks were migrated from that site to the new one. Starting at week 3, all picks should be entered at https://survivorbowl.net. If you have any problems logging in, let me know.

Thanks to our Survivor Bowl staff!
Thanks to JBConway for coming up with the original idea for Survivorbowl, and for running it from a thread on this site for multiple years.
Thanks to d3cyph3r for his many years of dedication to Survivor Bowl, and for making it much more automated by moving it to its own web site.
Finally, thanks to superchuck500 for managing the temporary site while the new one was brought online.

• Pick a winner (no point spread involved) of any NFL game during week 1. If problems arise on the main website, you can place your pick as a comment to this very thread.
  • If the team you selected wins their week 1 game, you continue to week 2. If your team of choice lost their week 1 battle, you have been pigskinned from SURVIVOR BOWL already and should be ashamed of yourself!
  • A team may only be selected once during the season to win their game. For example. if you pick the Saints in week 1, you may not select the Saints again for the remainder of the SURVIVOR BOWL.
  • You continue in the SURVIVOR BOWL until a loss (or tie) is suffered, then you're out of the pool. YES, TIES ARE LOSSES!
  • A winning pick must be in before the very last game starts for that week or you will be pigskinned.
  • Picks selected in the thread will supersede what is entered in the system. The official record for your pick will be in the thread if the system has an error, or some other mishap. Just notify jread2 by a PM to update it.
  • Any pick not submitted by any of the deadlines set within the rules posted each week will be considered a loss and the contestant will be eliminated from SURVIVOR BOWL
  • The game will continue until one contestant remains.
  • If all remaining contestants are eliminated in the same week, the contest will consist of a tiebreaker. The highest point total from all picks combined will win!
  • If the regular season ends with no outright winner, the winner of the main pool will be chosen by the total of the win margins of each team you chose to win. For example, if the you pick the Saints to beat Atlanta, and the Saints win with a score of 117 - 3, the win margin is 114. The total of all your selected teams' win margins will determine the tie-breaker.

SURVIVOR BOWL CHAMPIONS:
I - DavidM
II - CliffBurton
III - Harvey Honet
IV - Sloth
V - Jlroby69
VI - Pure Energy
VII - 62 DEFENSE
VIII - IrishSaint
IX - Wahoo
X - KebCam
XI - SaintReggie
XII - Garvatron
XIII - Seve
XIV - Smith
XV - 62 Defense (first 2 time winner)
XVI - tonytiger436
XVII - send-them-all (legacy winner of 62 Defense family)
XVIII - jayd265
XIX - cajunjoeysaint
XX - Saint Kamara (2 time winner, formerly known as SaintReggie)
XXI - you?

Last edited:
Thanks JRead2. The new site and format will take some getting used to but it's all good.

Any reason why email addresses are needed? Don't remember that being the case before.

Any reason why email addresses are needed? Don't remember that being the case before.
I don't run the temporary site, so I don't set those rules. Just keep in mind, once the new site is up, we will transition to that one, and no longer use the temporary site.

Picking the Bucs is gross, but seems like easy money to pick them against the cowgirls in their banner-drop game.

Feeling really good about my week one pick.

Thanks for keeping this rolling. Panthers over Jets, because, well, it’s the Jets. :hihi:

Good luck everybody and thanks for all the work it is taking to allow us to compete again this year - Although I am mostly out by week 3 or 4!!! lol

It appears some are registering more than one team. Allowable?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom