Announcement Survivor Bowl XXII - Continuing the 22-year Tradition (1 Viewer)

JRead2

Hades is frozen.
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
EDIT: Prizes $350 to the winner, $200 to 2nd place. $100 to 3rd. - Andrus

1st Place: BudWiser
2rd Place: JRead2
3rd Place: Saintsfan75

Survivor Bowl XXII - The Tradition Continues.

Welcome to season XXII of Survivor Bowl on saintsreport.com.

All Survivor Bowl entries should be made at https://survivorbowl.net. Any issues should be reported here, in this thread, or by send me a private message. If you are ever unable to make your pick on the site, you can make the pick in this thread. Just be mindful of the timestamp. The pick must be made on time.

A couple notes about this year's Survivor Bowl. There were a lot of accounts in the system -- over 500. Most of them did not participate last year, so the accounts were removed for the 2022 season. Any account that does not make a pick for week 1, will be disabled, and will not be able to participate this season.

New for this season!
  • I have added the ability to create an account, which will require email verification. New accounts may be created up until the week 1 deadline has passed. After that time, no new accounts.
  • You can now reset your password, using your username and email address.
  • If you forget you username, you can use your email address to look it up.

I'd like to give a big shout out to everyone involved with Survivor Bowl!

• Thanks to JBConway for coming up with the original idea for Survivorbowl, and for running it from a thread on this site for multiple years.
  • Thanks to d3cyph3r for his many years of dedication to Survivor Bowl, and for making it much more automated by moving it to its own web site.
  • Thanks to superchuck500 for managing a temporary site for the beginning of the 2021 season, as a new site was brought online.
  • Thanks to Andrus for allowing us to host the site on the SaintsReport server.
Rules:
  1. Pick a winner (no point spread involved) of any NFL game during week 1. If problems arise on the main website, you can place your pick as a comment to this very thread.
  2. If the team you selected wins their week 1 game, you continue to week 2. If your team of choice lost their week 1 battle, you have been pigskinned from SURVIVOR BOWL already and should be ashamed of yourself!
  3. A team may only be selected once during the season to win their game. For example. if you pick the Saints in week 1, you may not select the Saints again for the remainder of the SURVIVOR BOWL.
  4. You continue in the SURVIVOR BOWL until a loss (or tie) is suffered, then you're out of the pool. YES, TIES ARE LOSSES!
  5. A winning pick must be in before the very last game starts for that week or you will be pigskinned.
  6. Picks selected in the thread will supersede what is entered in the system. The official record for your pick will be in the thread if the system has an error, or some other mishap. Just notify jread2 by a PM to update it.
  7. Any pick not submitted by any of the deadlines set within the rules posted each week will be considered a loss and the contestant will be eliminated from SURVIVOR BOWL
  8. The game will continue until one contestant remains.
  9. If all remaining contestants are eliminated in the same week, the contest will consist of a tiebreaker. The highest point total from all picks combined will win!
  10. If the regular season ends with no outright winner, the winner of the main pool will be chosen by the total of the win margins of each team you chose to win. For example, if the you pick the Saints to beat Atlanta, and the Saints win with a score of 117 - 3, the win margin is 114. The total of all your selected teams' win margins will determine the tie-breaker.

SURVIVOR BOWL CHAMPIONS:
I - DavidM
II - CliffBurton
III - Harvey Hornet
IV - Sloth
V - Jlroby69
VI - Pure Energy
VII - 62 DEFENSE
VIII - IrishSaint
IX - Wahoo
X - KebCam
XI - SaintReggie
XII - Garvatron
XIII - Seve
XIV - Smith
XV - 62 Defense (first 2 time winner)
XVI - tonytiger436
XVII - send-them-all (legacy winner of 62 Defense family)
XVIII - jayd265
XIX - cajunjoeysaint
XX - Saint Kamara (2 time winner, formerly known as SaintReggie)
XXI - dctransplant

XXII - you?

Last edited:
Be sure to get your "way-too-early-pick" in for week 1. It's less than 6 weeks away!

I know, everyone expected this post to show up at the last minute (like the day before the season started), but this year we're doing things different. This year we're actually getting things ready to go early, and not procrastinating. That will give us a little time to work out any kinks that might still be in the system, and hopefully allow everyone to get their account information right.

Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks @JRead2 the site looks great đź‘Ť
I am so in! Who Dat baby!!
Geaux Saints!!!

This time, yes! See the edit on top of the OP.

Wow! I am sure I won't be claiming those generous prizes lol. Just staying alive each week will be good enough for me.

Good luck everyone! And thanks Andrus đź‘Ť

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom